MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Damn ISPs...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i live less than 750 meters from my exchange (which can handle 8meg too) and i barely get 2mbs. Then they have the cheek to tell me it "must have something to do with the distance from my local exchange" and that theres "nothing [they] can do about that."
I'm really close to my exchange as well and get nearly 7MB download speeds. Is there a white box outside your exchange?? If there isn't, it is not Broadband compatible.
(2011-05-13, 06:35 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-13, 06:32 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]Move to BT

That's all I've gotta say.

Unfortunately its not my decision Toungue We get good priced calls from Orange so my mum wont let us change Sad

You actually being serious? I usually get 20mb down. At the moment its 11mb as its peak time for internet users. My internet usage is unmetered and then I have unlimited phone calls on my landline too all for £25 a month. How much do you pay?
No idea, but our calls are free, and we live in the country, so everything around here is rubbish. There are NO decent ISP's around here. My school pays about £500/month for their 50mbs connection Toungue
I'm on Sky (well, Sky Boradband Connect) and it absolutely sucks for me. Constant signal drops and massive periods of extreme slowdown.
It's sometimes easier (and faster) for me to use EDGE on my iPhone to check my email than use my broadband, especially in the evening :/
Buy your own router?
(2011-05-13, 08:20 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Buy your own router?

This. Your own router is more likely to work a lot better. People who use routers provided by them from the ISP never work and are literally useless. They cost between £30 - £80.
I have had a few Toungue I can't find a good one XD

Anyway, I have flashed my current router and it seems to be running the official FW fine now Smile
(2011-05-13, 08:20 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Buy your own router?

Some ISPs don't allow you to (Sky being a great example >.>) - meaning you're stuck with rubbish quality ones with outdated custom firmware.
Pages: 1 2 3