MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prevent moderatos to edit or delete admin posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello. I want to disable moderators all powers againsts admin posts.

I want to prevent moderatos editing, deleting any way of admin posts and threads.

how can i do that ?

actually prevent every user group to edit or delete admin posts or threads

what i mean is against admin posts or threads all user groups should become powerless. no power at all.
(2011-05-14, 01:52 AM)MonsterMMORPG Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I want to disable moderators all powers againsts admin posts.

I want to prevent moderatos editing, deleting any way of admin posts and threads.

how can i do that ?

actually prevent every user group to edit or delete admin posts or threads

what i mean is against admin posts or threads all user groups should become powerless. no power at all.

This plugin should do the work: http://mods.mybb.com/view/mods-can-t-edit-admins-posts

Hope that helps Smile
this lets

open close thread or delete thread

i want full restriction against admin actions
I am not sure if there is such a plugin like that yet. I went through the whole list of mybb mods and that was only one that I could find. I don't think anyone has created one yet. But at the moment, what you can do is to not let them control a specific forums. Let's say you don't want them to edit the announcements section, then just change there permission in the ACP. here is how you can do it:

ACP > Forums & Posts > Forum Management: Then select a category or a forum, and click on options, then click on Moderators. Remove the moderators from that forum or category. This basically means that they can not edit or lock or delete any of the posts in that category or forum.

Hope that help Toungue
(2011-05-15, 01:17 AM)Striker Destiny Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure if there is such a plugin like that yet. I went through the whole list of mybb mods and that was only one that I could find. I don't think anyone has created one yet. But at the moment, what you can do is to not let them control a specific forums. Let's say you don't want them to edit the announcements section, then just change there permission in the ACP. here is how you can do it:

ACP > Forums & Posts > Forum Management: Then select a category or a forum, and click on options, then click on Moderators. Remove the moderators from that forum or category. This basically means that they can not edit or lock or delete any of the posts in that category or forum.

Hope that help Toungue

well that is not a very proper solution

i bet some developer would tell me a very easy way

like just add this lines to this file etc

no plugin is necessary
I think this would need a plugin, unless I have overlooked something for years. Toungue
(2011-05-15, 04:22 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think this would need a plugin, unless I have overlooked something for years. Toungue

if i were a developer i could very easly done this

i am also myself a C# asp.net developer

what must be done is just adding an extra line of code to authorization check

well i have to get answer for this. it is very important
Yes I see what you're getting at. There should be a part on the mod code that says something like, "ability to edit posts, blah blah blah". Then you might add something like:
if(originalpostcreatorID == admin)
{
AccessDenied(); blah blah blah
}

Something like that. See what I mean? I think you'd need to look through the whole source code that pertains to Mods and figure out what to add.
(2011-05-16, 01:17 AM)Jinkop Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I see what you're getting at. There should be a part on the mod code that says something like, "ability to edit posts, blah blah blah". Then you might add something like:
if(originalpostcreatorID == admin)
{
AccessDenied(); blah blah blah
}

Something like that. See what I mean? I think you'd need to look through the whole source code that pertains to Mods and figure out what to add.

exactly

i have to go through whole source code but it wouldn't take 10 seconds for a developer
Maybe this should be moved to the requests forums, then one of the modders might see it and be able to offer some advice, Unfortunately i don't know how to code so can't help you.
Also you say mods, maybe you should be more precise do you want it just for mods/super mods or both.
Pages: 1 2 3