MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Suggest] Official MyBB Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wondering if the MyBB team will ever work on official plugins? Such as the shoutbox, downloads, etc that IPB has.
I doubt it, I mean staff will make plugins but I doubt they will ever be offical especailly since MyBB wants to stay forum system. I don't see them including things that almost all forum would need/want.
(2011-05-15, 03:15 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt it, I mean staff will make plugins but I doubt they will ever be offical especailly since MyBB wants to stay forum system. I don't see them including things that almost all forum would need/want.

Agreed. Mybb is a forum software, not a live chat system or what not. I think that it is up to people if they want to make it more than just a forum, or stick with a forum. I, personally, am fine with it being just a forum.
I think it would be nice for them to make galleries and download systems but IP.Chat is a chatroom. The IP.Shoutbox that most of the sites use is not an official mod its just something made by Terabyte. Its not endorsed as a product by IPS basically is what I mean, its just another mod available for the system.
A plugin is an additional thing you add to the forum, they work on a forum system so, any modification that they will do, will be added to the forum script not as a plugin!
As stated many times before, the MyBB Team will NOT be including a shoutbox will MyBB, plugin or otherwise. It defeats the whole point of a forum.

Plugins are addons for MyBB offered by the community. If the MyBB Team likes one of those plugin and it is useful for most of the people, they might add it it to core. But a shoutbox, download section, ... might be useful for some people but most people don't need it so it's better that it stays a plugin. There a few plugins from MyBB team members on the mod site. Although, it doesn't mean that a plugin is not an "official" plugin from the MyBB team or from a team member that it's not good. There are some high quality plugins on the mod site from community members.
There was a special section in in the dev site for official modifications, but it seems to have been hidden. Either that or they gave up on it.
I would like to see mybb make its own gallery system as a add-on not as a core product one that intergrates seamlessly and takes the look of the forum, like coppermine gallery but with out the need to skin it.
(2011-05-15, 09:16 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]There was a special section in in the dev site for official modifications, but it seems to have been hidden. Either that or they gave up on it.
It was removed completely.
Pages: 1 2 3