MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP Honeypot (Fake Admin CP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I am stumped how would I do this? do I upload the contents from the admin folder?

Also if i replace the index php with french font how do i prevent overiding and messing up files?

thx Big Grin
^ you can download French language pack and upload only ~/admin/index.php file to your old admin folder (named admin)
(2017-04-04, 09:52 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you can download French language pack and upload only ~/admin/index.php file to your old admin folder (named admin)

so just to be sure i take the french language pack, extract the ~/admin/index.php and put it in my old admin folder?

thx Big Grin
Clear steps:
  1. Download and install normally the original mod Admin CP Honeypot (include outdated admin folder) following instructions on the first page.
  2. Once mod activated, delete the admin folder and copy the updated admin folder (for 1.8.10). It's not necessary to disable the mod before.
  3. Optional: install the french language pack (front-end mod), just replace admin/index.php file by new. You can easily modify index.php for other language... Wink
Good plugin.
But I have line:
Disallow: /admin in robots.txt
what about directory "new admin" ?
It is not good idea to add them to robots.txt because idea is hide "new admin" directory.
How to hide it for bots?
^ yes, its better to not add the new admin directory to robots.txt
instead you can use folder password facility available at your web host control panel
(2017-05-04, 04:51 AM)abmd73 Wrote: [ -> ]Good plugin.
But I have line:
Disallow: /admin in robots.txt
what about directory "new admin" ?
It is not good idea to add them to robots.txt because idea is hide "new admin" directory.
How to hide it for bots?

By including the "new admin" directory to robots.txt you announce its existence to the world.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5