MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please Explain All This MyBB Stuff To Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-05-17, 10:19 PM)Jinkop Wrote: [ -> ]It's simple. Explain how to use MyBB. That's it. Simply state how you made your website and what you did to make it. Step...by...step. A DETAILED explanation on how it is done. Not "upload and done", detailed on every code you used in your .php files for your website, and HOW MYBB GETS INFORMATION FROM YOUR WEBSITE.

Just simply tell how MyBB gets information and sends information from your website. I want to know what to do to make it WORK. Not a vague one sentence statement, a fully detailed explanation. And no, the wiki is useless to me. It has told me absolutely nothing on what I need to know.

Wow, you are not earning a lot of points here....

This is what I did to get my site up and running with MyBB.

Got a hosting account and domain. Made sure those were accessible to me
From my hosting control panel, created a database and user
Upload MyBB files to my host
Ran install script and followed the very clear and easy instructions.
Setup MyBB via the admin panel.
Had working site in 10 minutes.

All of which is available in the Wiki
(2011-05-17, 10:23 PM)Jinkop Wrote: [ -> ]Forget this. I'm done here.
Screw MyBB to hell.

good bye. have a nice day Big Grin
(2011-05-17, 10:26 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I did to get my site up and running with MyBB.

Got a hosting account and domain. Made sure those were accessible to me
From my hosting control panel, created a database and user
Upload MyBB files to my host
Ran install script and followed the very clear and easy instructions.
Setup MyBB via the admin panel.
Had working site in 10 minutes.

This is what I needed to know.
So now, I have made some .php files on my computer of the website. If I want to integrate them into myBB, will I have to make them newly on the Page Manager, or what? Do I upload them and they get instant integrate?
what are the pages you made supposed to be/do? you are not being clear/detailed enough for us to know exactly what you are trying to do, so we can not help you.

(2011-05-17, 10:34 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]what are the pages you made supposed to be/do? you are not being clear/detailed enough for us to know exactly what you are trying to do, so we can not help you.

1. The homepage forum - which is the index.php

2. Header.php

3. Footer.php

4. My CSS files

5. My JavaScript files.
the files names do not matter to us. what do they do?

MyBB uses tempaltes, so you can make the header and footer templates look like you want.

MyBB supports full CSS and has a CSS editor built-in so you can use that to edit the existing classes the way you need

MyBB already uses JS and may support a lot of the functionality you want. You need to describe what you are trying to do (or check the MyBB files in /jscripts to see if they do what you want)
Okay, now that you've cleared that up. Nuff said.

I've found out what I needed to know.
Alright, then stop being a jerk and blaming MyBB for your fail at communicating with us what you want help with.
SOLUTION IS NOT SOLVED!!!! I NEED MORE INFORMATION!!!!!
MORE DETAILS!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!1
[Image: NOT-SURE-IF-TROLL-OR-JUST-STUPID.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3