MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Glow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
can someone tell me if there is a mod where you can have glowing text?
No there isn't, and I doubt many people would want one. The easiest code to make text "glow" only works in Internet Explorer, and MyBB is meant for all browsers.
Doesn't mean that someone can't make a modification for it though, if there are people that want it.
Remind me tommorrow Jag, and I'll work on one Toungue It'll be one of my easier ones at that
thanks tikitiki
DennisTT Wrote:Doesn't mean that someone can't make a modification for it though, if there are people that want it.
Yes, but people should be aware that not everyone using their forum can see it.
I spent 5 days looking for a Gecko compliant effect with no luck. The closest hack I found involved using JavaScript to clone the span several times (changing color and offsets each time). The result would be gibberish for bots and non-graphic browsers that understand JavaScript.
Hey,

This will only work in IE (as mentioned before).

Open inc/functions_post.php.

Find:
"#\[align=(left|center|right|justify)\](.*?)\[/align\]#si");
Replace With:
"#\[align=(left|center|right|justify)\](.*?)\[/align\]#si",
"#\[glow=(.*?)\](.*?)\[/glow\]#si");

Find:
"<p style=\"text-align: $1;\">$2</p>");
Replace With:
"<p style=\"text-align: $1;\">$2</p>",
"<table style=\"filter:glow(color=$1, strength=4)\">$2</table>");

Then use [glow=green]This will be green text[/glow] and [glow=blue]blue glow[/glow] ect... Smile
thanks but i use firefox so that won't be much use to me. thanks for the help anyway
But, like said a million times before. You cannot get Glow to work on Firefox.
Pages: 1 2