MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Skype integration -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now that vBulletin has added it, shouldn't MyBB also allow for Skype integration?
drygnfyre Wrote:Now that vBulletin has added it, shouldn't MyBB also allow for Skype integration?
Skype integration was already on my list of things to do for the next release - but apart from a field for it in the profile, what else can be done?

I haven't looked up much regarding it, as at the moment i'm busy rewriting all of the javascript and the Skype functionality is further down the list.

Chris
Skype seems to becoming widely used with members on different communites, it would nice to have Skype added to the IM list.
Looks good. Thanks for pointing that out tmhai Smile
you can add a "call user" icon. Toungue
I also believe Skype should be added. It's a big software with awesome utility.
Perhaps a generic way to handle this problem is for the admin to express how data in each custom field is displayed.
Also a gmail field is good idea
Chris Boulton Wrote:Skype integration was already on my list of things to do for the next release - but apart from a field for it in the profile, what else can be done?

I haven't looked up much regarding it, as at the moment i'm busy rewriting all of the javascript and the Skype functionality is further down the list.

Chris

Well you can use the following code:
<a href="skype:[i]username[/i]?add">[i]username[/i]</a>
which adds that user to your friends list on Skype.
I am not sure you want to limit yourself to Skype. I mean I have added it as a customfield in the userprofile, but skype is by no means the only VOIP-solution there and why close them out? I am not sure what the solution would be but might be something worth thinking before running into execution.

cheers,
Kimmo
Pages: 1 2 3