MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My first design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So this is my first design of a portfolio page for myself. I have three options for the background (not shown here); one is this color, another is this color with some noise, and the third is a lighter yellow. Please tell me what you think and be honest (although I'm pretty sure that won't be a problem). Keep in mind this is my first full design (and only my second design ever).

The first attached image is without text effects, and the second is with a 1 px inner shadow, and a 2 px drop shadow.

Edit: The big circle will be a photo of myself.
Saw this on forrst. Not bad at all - which is pretty surprising as I usually hate yellow in web design Wink
(2011-05-19, 03:53 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Saw this on forrst. Not bad at all - which is pretty surprising as I usually hate yellow in web design Wink

Wow. Thanks Euan. Which of the two do you like better?
Second for sure. The texture really adds to the design IMO. Otherwise, it's just boring old yellow Wink
(2011-05-19, 04:20 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Second for sure. The texture really adds to the design IMO. Otherwise, it's just boring old yellow Wink

All right. Thanks for your input. I was rather disappointed with Forrst, as I only got like two or three comments on the snap.
Yeah, posts sometimes get lost up in all the activity over there Wink
Personally I like the first one one more.

But, I would say add the shadows of the titles to the first one. I just don't like how the texture takes a lot of the contrast between the text and background away.
All right, so it's 1 - 1. What do you think of the other elements Alex?
I actually like this quite a lot. But I am not loving that circle on the top right.
The navigation is pretty boring, what about some kind of bar with a menu? And what's with the giant orange ball in the upper right corner? I also think the text needs some more breathing, the line spacing is a bit small.

Besides that, I quite like the feeling of it. The colors are nice and the whole idea isn't bad. Good work! Smile
Pages: 1 2