MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VPS Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well,

A friend and I got a new VPS - through a different provider than my personal VPS host.

And we are having a number of issues.

1. - Our domain = www.xeti.co is apparently pointing to the VPS domain but none of the files are showing that are uploaded to the account... how can i fix this. I know it is pointing to the VPS because if i visit www.xeti.co:2082 - it works and ftp.xeti.co works as well.

2. - Our language is stuffed up..... see the image for further.... how can i fix this?

[attachment=22830]

I may have further questions, but these are the may two at this point. I never had this issue while setting up my previous personal VPS.

Thanks,
Cohen
What is your provider?
For this VPS - Host Rail......
For my personal VPS - Virpus
Ouch, host rail. Really do not recommend them to anybody unfortunately.
(2011-05-21, 01:57 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Ouch, host rail. Really do not recommend them to anybody unfortunately.

Whys that?
When I was with them, there were frequent periods of downtime and slowdown. I got transferred there from the forum forge and the difference in sped was seriously noticeable.
(2011-05-21, 02:03 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]When I was with them, there were frequent periods of downtime and slowdown. I got transferred there from the forum forge and the difference in sped was seriously noticeable.

Yeah, well, my friend and I went with the cause he got a good coupon, and it is off shore...

I think i have found my issue... Apache isn't working properly....
Did they not install cPanel for you? And, if you're using cPanel would probably be best to get the 512mb vps at minimum(if you aren't on it all ready).

And, if Apache isn't working properly did you configure WHM?
Run:
/scripts/upcp --force

This may fix the language issue, as it'll download the latest/newest version of your build cycle (e.g. CURRENT), even if you have the same version installed.
(2011-05-21, 02:59 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Did they not install cPanel for you? And, if you're using cPanel would probably be best to get the 512mb vps at minimum(if you aren't on it all ready).

And, if Apache isn't working properly did you configure WHM?

I have 1GB of Ram, and yes i did configure WHM. And Yes they installed cPanel for me.

(2011-05-21, 11:06 PM)vividWire Wrote: [ -> ]Run:
/scripts/upcp --force

This may fix the language issue, as it'll download the latest/newest version of your build cycle (e.g. CURRENT), even if you have the same version installed.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Pages: 1 2