MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cross browser compatibility (UGHHHHhhh)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.debationnation.com/

If you visit that in Firefox, it looks fine. But if you visit it in Chrome the theads are messed up. (White space) I cannot figure out why it is doing this, help would be appreciated.
In global.css, find;
.thead {
	background: url(images/debate/thead_bg.png) top no-repeat;
	color: #fff;
	height: 30px;

font-family: arial;
	font-size: 12px;
}
and Remove height attribute, like this;
.thead {
}
If I remove the height attribute it cuts off. The background image for thead is 30px high, so that's what I set that height attribute as; it should work.
Mind posting a screenshot of the chrome view? I don't have chrome on this hired laptop.
Try to give it a padding of 7px instead of a height.
(2011-05-25, 06:32 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Mind posting a screenshot of the chrome view? I don't have chrome on this hired laptop.

[Image: chrome.PNG]

(2011-05-25, 06:35 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Try to give it a padding of 7px instead of a height.

That's actually what it was before, but I got fed up with the 1px white line under all the theads. (Setting the padding to 6px made it cut off)
Righto, I'll take a look at it then - I'm just installing chrome to a memory stick. I think I have an idea, though I'm not sure.
(2011-05-25, 06:48 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]That's actually what it was before, but I got fed up with the 1px white line under all the theads. (Setting the padding to 6px made it cut off)

Okay, leave the height in there and remove the top and bottom padding:
padding: 0px 7px;
or
padding-top: 0px;
padding-bottom: 0px;
@Aries-elgium: That'll make the thead text appear at the top.

Could somebody post the full CSS for the .thead please? I have an idea.
(2011-05-25, 06:55 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Could somebody post the full CSS for the .thead please? I have an idea.

(2011-05-25, 06:11 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
.thead {
	height: 30px;

}
Pages: 1 2