MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 162 to 163
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I followed instructions, uploading changed files. Before doing this, I backed up the database. I removed the lock file from the install folder and then accessed the upgrade.php file via the forum address. I got the login page but when I enter my user name and password, I get informed that I am not an administrator. As I am the only administrator and I know my user name and password, this seems strange. I'm now left with a non working system because the forum cannot be accessed until i run the upgrade script. If I try and access the BB admin, I either get told that I cannot access because the lock file does not exist or (if I move the lock file back), I cannot access because the upgrade has not taken place. See http://www.richmond-house.org.uk for example. Thanks for any help.......
Look in the mybb_users table in phpMyAdmin, what does it say in the usergroup column for your user??
(2011-05-26, 07:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Look in the mybb_users table in phpMyAdmin, what does it say in the usergroup column for your user??

Matt, I can't find anything with that name in the phpMyAdmin folder - would it be in a subfolder?
Not really sure what you're looking for, have you used phpMyAdmin before...??
Sorry Matt, I was looking in the phpMyAdmin folder on the drive where myBB is installed. I don't know how I should run/use it........
Its not a folder, Login to your Cpanel (Not Admin CP) > Database Management > phpmyadmin > select your database > and now do the above things.
Mmmm, if you mean phpMyAdmin cPanel, i've managed to get a login page for phpMyAdmin localhost, but no user names or passwords that I use are being accepted. I've also tried generic ones like admin:admin or admin:password etc. Apologies but this an area that I know little about.
Remove "Lock" in the upgrade directory of the FTP base. Then, upgrade. Patch all templates.
That's the point of all this. I can't upgrade because I'm told I don't have admin rights. Yes, I have removed the lock file.
(2011-05-26, 09:04 PM)Pulse. Wrote: [ -> ]Remove "Lock" in the upgrade directory of the FTP base. Then, upgrade. Patch all templates.

If you read the first post, they've done this, but they can't log in to the upgrade script Smile

Right, OK, forget this then, create a file on your server, in the root folder of your MyBB forum (i.e. where index.php, member.php, online.php, search.php etc is), call it admintest.php or something and put this in it:

<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("IN_UPGRADE", 1);
require "global.php";
echo "Usergroup: ".$mybb->user['usergroup']."<br />";
echo "Can access ACP: ".$mybb->usergroup['cancp'];
?>

Then run it in your browser. What does it output?? It should be:

Usergroup: 4
Can access ACP: 1

If it says anything other than that, put this code in the file, and run it again in your browser:

<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("IN_UPGRADE", 1);
require "global.php";
$db->update_query("users", array("usergroup" => 4), "uid = '1'");
$db->update_query("usergroups", array("cancp" => 1), "gid = '4'");
$cache->update_usergroups();
?>

If your UID is not 1 (it probably will be 1 though) change the 1 in this bit to whatever your UID is:

uid = '1'
Pages: 1 2