MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Never choose those hosts for your forum!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Don't use Byethost, that is terrible.
Most free hosts are crap. x10Hosting isn't too bad, though.
Any luck with NameCheap Hosting or BlueHost anyone?
(2011-05-31, 02:44 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Most free hosts are crap. x10Hosting isn't too bad, though.
Yeah x10 is great for a free host. Went to them from HelioHost and it was quite an improvement. They can't beat a good free host though.
The worst host I ever used was my first host, called 'Canaca'. Run for the hills.
HostGator... If you think their service is already crap you've never dealt with their support before..... No matter if they give me a free vps, I wouldn't want to deal with those bastards.
BlueHost is pretty reliable.
(2011-05-31, 12:45 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]HostGator... If you think their service is already crap you've never dealt with their support before..... No matter if they give me a free vps, I wouldn't want to deal with those bastards.

I've had two stints with them. They made me pay my friend's 2-3 late fees which I never got back. Their support is not that bad, but it seems like their support team is not allowed to do jack squat (I asked to increase my memory limit to 128M because IP.Board recommends it and they wouldn't).

I moved to HawkHost right after, and we initially really saw a huge speed increase. Then, the server load got huge and now I'm wondering if I should stick with them longer than now. Doesn't look like I should. I personally don't recommend either hosts.
Hostgator I immediately passed after I asked them what their resource limits were per server.

GoDaddy I passed when I asked them how I can point a Domain elsewhere via DNS and having their support tell me "You can't do that."

I eventually figured out how via their interface, but that response either shows they're shady, and didn't want me pointing domains to other servers, or just outright didn't know what they were doing.
(2011-05-31, 01:14 PM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]I moved to HawkHost right after, and we initially really saw a huge speed increase. Then, the server load got huge and now I'm wondering if I should stick with them longer than now. Doesn't look like I should. I personally don't recommend either hosts.

I moved from them but for no real reason. You may just be getting to big for shared hosting...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5