MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Never choose those hosts for your forum!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The anonymous FTP usually only have read only privileges. So at most they would get your MySQL password Smile
Anon FTP is jailed in a specific directory, (Usually public_ftp) unless you changed the directory what your saying really isn't possible.
Well i get confused with godaddy.com / but i do use http://www.1and1.com they are cheap fast and efficent and i never have had any down time with them.
(2011-06-02, 01:20 PM)ACiulla Wrote: [ -> ]Well i get confused with godaddy.com / but i do use http://www.1and1.com they are cheap fast and efficent and i never have had any down time with them.

Also horrible customer service, and 100MB limited Databases.
(2011-06-02, 03:17 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]and 100MB limited Databases.

Seriously?
(2011-06-03, 02:48 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-02, 03:17 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]and 100MB limited Databases.

Seriously?

Yup.

I offered to upgrade to their Developer's plan (At the time, it was their most expensive Shared Hosting package), which gives up to like 50 Databases, but they confirmed they were still all limited to 100MB in size.
if your site ever get big enough for a dedicated server like mine use securedservers.com they have the cheapest and best deals ever i talk to a sales guy there i have Dual Core G6950 (2 x 2.8 GHZ, 3MB Cache), 2-bay Supermicro Chassis
2 GB DDR2
No RAID
250 GB SATA II
Bandwidth 10tb
Parallels Plesk Panel 9
CentOS 5 64 Bit
(5 Ip's) = Free

all for just 48 dollars
(2011-06-03, 07:27 PM)awww Wrote: [ -> ]if your site ever get big enough for a dedicated server like mine use securedservers.com they have the cheapest and best deals ever i talk to a sales guy there i have Dual Core G6950 (2 x 2.8 GHZ, 3MB Cache), 2-bay Supermicro Chassis
2 GB DDR2
No RAID
250 GB SATA II
Bandwidth 10tb
Parallels Plesk Panel 9
CentOS 5 64 Bit
(5 Ip's) = Free

all for just 48 dollars

That IS a good deal, except for Plesk, I really hate that. Could they offer DirectAdmin?

And is this Managed or Unmanaged?
I actually miss DirectAdmin. A lot.

I sometimes cannot stand how ridiculously buggy cPanel is and how their god-awful editor sometimes freezes my computer altogether.
(2011-06-03, 10:08 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-03, 07:27 PM)awww Wrote: [ -> ]if your site ever get big enough for a dedicated server like mine use securedservers.com they have the cheapest and best deals ever i talk to a sales guy there i have Dual Core G6950 (2 x 2.8 GHZ, 3MB Cache), 2-bay Supermicro Chassis
2 GB DDR2
No RAID
250 GB SATA II
Bandwidth 10tb
Parallels Plesk Panel 9
CentOS 5 64 Bit
(5 Ip's) = Free

all for just 48 dollars

That IS a good deal, except for Plesk, I really hate that. Could they offer DirectAdmin?

And is this Managed or Unmanaged?

Unmanaged and i hate direct admin seems soo simple looking but if you lookin for direct admin this joesdatacenter.com host is cheap also they pretty good but when they say unmanaged they mean it they wont help you with a thing but securedservers.com will help you the best they can i got free upgrades my server should be like 53 dollars but they gave me free ram and port speed upgrade and deal on bandwith
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5