MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What the?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:That probably means that the DNS has updated to point to your new server. If he's online now, do you see him? If he posts a thread now, do you see it?

Yes, I see him online and yes I see his thread, I told him to post a test one, and now I do see it.
I sent him a PM about it, and he told me this.
"Ok, Got it. Lemme guess, the Domain Name Servers are messing up the links? It keeps saying "can't find UserCP etc." "

So, thats a problem with the DNS too?

(2011-06-06, 08:33 PM)Waterbird Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I see him online and yes I see his thread, I told him to post a test one, and now I do see it.
I sent him a PM about it, and he told me this.
"Ok, Got it. Lemme guess, the Domain Name Servers are messing up the links? It keeps saying "can't find UserCP etc." "

So, thats a problem with the DNS too?

Can you ask him to clear his DNS cache (as described above) and also clear his browser cache?
Alright, he told me he did the instructions, and the error went away now, so, I guess everything's okay for now. Probably just the DNS like all you folks said.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
(2011-06-06, 08:44 PM)Waterbird Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, he told me he did the instructions, and the error went away now, so, I guess everything's okay for now. Probably just the DNS like all you folks said.

DNS just needs some time to update Smile It really depends on how fast the DNS cache of your ISP or DNS provider updates. That's why it's a good idea to use a public DNS cache, like Google DNS server, because they tend to update faster than some ISPs do.
Aaah, I understand now, thanks so much for helping me with this issue. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3