MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Link colors in posts should be changed to be more visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is an unvisited link to a site that I never go to (SFW, though). Here is a visited link to a site I've recently viewed. The problem is that with the default skin on this forum, these links look almost exactly like normal text. Especially the visited link - can you quickly spot it in the text? Can a visually-impaired user spot it?
Looks blue to me.
(2011-06-09, 12:15 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Looks blue to me.

Haha, just my point. The singular in "Looks" shows you've only seen the first link (the unvisited one). And that's because the color of second one is #003366, which is very close to black.

Look at this resource for professionally picking link color schemes with good contrast: http://evolt.org/Understanding_Color_and_Accessibility
Do you really need to know that badly that you've viewed that link before?
I think it's also an issue with your browser because on Chrome the colors are slightly more distinguishable. Although, I agree with you that links could stand out better in normal text because I also miss some embedded links once in a while.
(2011-06-09, 12:26 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Do you really need to know that badly that you've viewed that link before?

Judging by your signature, you should not even ask that question. Any webdev worth their salt should read useit.com for breakfast. More specifically, #3 here. Ironically, this link will be easily visible to you. Wink
(2011-06-09, 12:00 PM)dandv Wrote: [ -> ]Can a visually-impaired user spot it?

I can't.
I think your insult towards developers isn't going to get you much help or audience to your problem, dandv.
(2011-06-09, 03:28 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]I think your insult towards developers isn't going to get you much help or audience to your problem, dandv.

I understand you want to save face. The easiest way to do that is to acknowledge the usability problem. We've already heard from a visually impaired user that they can't see the visited link.
(2011-06-15, 10:47 PM)dandv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-09, 03:28 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]I think your insult towards developers isn't going to get you much help or audience to your problem, dandv.

I understand you want to save face. The easiest way to do that is to acknowledge the usability problem. We've already heard from a visually impaired user that they can't see the visited link.

Now I'm loling.
useit.com is one of the most hideous sites I've ever seen...and you want to make links more distinguishable.
If you want to change the color of links on your forum, then find the .a entries and change the color.
Pages: 1 2