MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Macbook Pro - Opinions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am going to be getting a Macbook Pro tomorrow, here are the stats.

2.0GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
Backlit Keyboard (English) & User's Guide

Could I get some reviews, from people who have used a Mac? This will be for browsing, and also a bit of gaming. Mainly Minecraft & Runescape, and it seems like it should run those fairly well.

Please no hating, I don't care how much you want to. If you have a logical response, post that. Toungue

Thanks! Smile

I can run both those on windows xp with 1gp ran and a 2gb ht processor. No modern PC should have issues with those. Imo, if your paying more then 1500 for that, get an HP or Dell and install hackintosh.
It's a little over $2k. But, I'm fine with paying that if it does what I need. And, you wouldn't believe how Minecraft runs on different computers...
And a hackintosh is out of your question?
Never heard of it... Not sure I want an OS called 'HACKintosh' though. xD
(2011-06-12, 12:14 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard of it... Not sure I want an OS called 'HACKintosh' though. xD

Basically its installing OSX on non mac products. Technically its against Apple's EULA, but that's not really legally enforceable.
Nah, I'm fine with just buying a Mac. Toungue
Those specs and the price for it is fine.
Thank you, Mr E. Would you like to comment on any guesses for the performance of the games I listed?
For what you plan to do it's overkill. Not only in specs but price aswell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4