MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: huge board: phpBB2 --> mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hopefully you can fix that quick, I'd like to make the switch Thursday this week.. how will I know if you fixed that??

I will share I have MANY mods in my phpbb2.. one of them could be making the error come..
(2012-01-08, 04:40 PM)wkdwich Wrote: [ -> ]hopefully you can fix that quick, I'd like to make the switch Thursday this week.. how will I know if you fixed that??

I will share I have MANY mods in my phpbb2.. one of them could be making the error come..

Its already fixed in the svn, wont be fixed in the release until Tim is around and I can make a new release.
would you be so kind as to point me to the SVN so I can grab it

never mind I got it

Any means of runnung JUST that one section at this point?? or do I have to wait till I do the final run later in the week...
(2012-01-09, 02:43 AM)wkdwich Wrote: [ -> ]would you be so kind as to point me to the SVN so I can grab it

never mind I got it

Any means of runnung JUST that one section at this point?? or do I have to wait till I do the final run later in the week...

You have to do them in order pretty much... but if you've done all the prerequisites and haven't done cleanup you can still do it.
OK thanks.. I'll give it a shot on the real run.. I know I did the clean up.. I looked into how much work it would be to hand import.. its not that bad really.. just some magic tricks with SQL and Excel
Its 6.30 AM I have been at this since midnight and have gotten no where... I tried everything.. including a retore of the DB that worked on the dry run.. I've run through this 8-12 times now.. tweaking fixing going through the user list looking for someone who is hanging the system.. nothing helps..

It just keeps haning saying there is one more user to import.. I need some serious ideas here please...

It also is not importing all but that ones as reporting.. there are 15 users (I suppose including this one scoundral) missing.. the original (copy of the running phpBB2 board) has 8840 - paired down cleaned up.. as of this instant the myBB has 8826 (which includes the admin set up when installing)

The users that were imported can log in. My layout and design are there.. if I could move along somehow and just get to importing the boards, threads & posts at this point...

And before you ask, yes I spent well over 45 minutes searching here with no luck

help!
Have you tried decreasing the amount of imported users during the merge?
absolutely, took it down to 500 per run.. same result
Number of users per page setting wont affect this. Obviously something is getting read by one query, and not by the other. Also, iirc, phpBB by default has users in its db for each of the common crawler bots. These are probably the 15 you're missing. However I'll say for sure once I've looked at the code.
Try this for me, just because it seems odd one query has the "where" clause and the other doesn't.

Change (MyBB Root/merge/boards/phpbb2/users.php)
$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("users", "COUNT(*) as count");

To:
$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("users", "COUNT(*) as count", "user_id > 0");

It should be line 145 or close to it. Let me know what happens as soon as possible. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4