MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: huge board: phpBB2 --> mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
OMG thanks so much that worked...

OK so for reference.. it did pause 3 times..
Each time I noted which record it pasued on.. I clicked PAUSE
for instance #6900
I went to the DB I was merging into mybb, chose to edit that record (that userID) the one before and the one after..

looking close I cleaned up the site URL, sig of the NEXT user after the record it paused (#6901 in this case), saved, went back to the merge and clicked RESUME and it moved along until the next pause, repeat and woohoo we have ignigtion!

now to move along FINALLY! I hope the permissions fix you did works too, I;m so fried now!

woooooohhooooo

Errors
------
The following errors were logged during the process of the Merge System:
None
Make sure everything looks good on the new board too, in terms of post contents and such. Smile
Oh, also, I don't suppose you can give me examples of what the sigs had in them that caused this, can you? Smile
actually it was nothing major really.. one appeared to have several line breaks.. one was a spammer so I changed the email address nothing thatreally stuck out as nasty honestly..

everythign is looking fine.. a bit of a panice because I didnt change the /inc/settings/php.. then I did and didnt save it Smile uploaded 2x's, paniced smemore then realized that error..

now I have to go redo my custom help pages cause some retard changed them in the middle of all this and didnt back it up ;(

food more caffine, more nicotine and I;m back at it Smile

thanks so much...
(2012-01-14, 07:11 PM)wkdwich Wrote: [ -> ]actually it was nothing major really.. one appeared to have several line breaks.. one was a spammer so I changed the email address nothing thatreally stuck out as nasty honestly..

everythign is looking fine.. a bit of a panice because I didnt change the /inc/settings/php.. then I did and didnt save it Smile uploaded 2x's, paniced smemore then realized that error..

now I have to go redo my custom help pages cause some retard changed them in the middle of all this and didnt back it up ;(

food more caffine, more nicotine and I;m back at it Smile

thanks so much...

Yeah, but I need to know what special characters & such might have been holding the system up Smile
ok on one user I know I removed the link to her off site avatar
http://i32.tinypic.com/2j17oms.jpg
beyond that she was quite normal looking

the other one I recall was the spammer I changed the email addy of.. also with a wierd avatar link which I removed:
http://s51.radikal.ru/i133/1007/b2/b8540c47db05.jpg
I can send you the export of thos 2 users from the original phpbb board if you want
oh and before I did the export this time I removed (because I was running out of ideas and exhusted) the fields of mods I had installed, quiz was ine that had like 6 fields and 3 others..
(2012-01-15, 02:27 AM)wkdwich Wrote: [ -> ]I can send you the export of thos 2 users from the original phpbb board if you want

Yes please.
you either have to allow me to send you a PM or send emails through the board please
(2012-01-15, 02:03 PM)wkdwich Wrote: [ -> ]you either have to allow me to send you a PM or send emails through the board please

Post them in the Private Inquiries forum.
(2012-01-15, 02:50 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-15, 02:03 PM)wkdwich Wrote: [ -> ]you either have to allow me to send you a PM or send emails through the board please

Post them in the Private Inquiries forum.

This. Only yourself and staff can see them there, and once I've downloaded them I'll let you know so you can remove them. Or you can just paste them directly into the post and I'll edit them out when I'm done. Thanks Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4