MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ReCaptcha?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can you please included ReCaptcha as an alternative captcha system for MyBB?
The current one is very hard to read and there are no audio challenge which is required in order for blind users to register.
Also I heard that ReCaptcha can fight bots with OCR better.
I'm pretty sure the developers have plans for a different CAPTCHA system, but I'm not really sure if they are going to adapt an existing script or write their own (again). Meanwhile, if you'd like to use reCAPTCHA on your own forum you can install this plugin:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/recaptcha-ii

The current one is a bit easy to get by but it doesnt really need the audio option, since most forums dont have an audio description for forum posts and I have NEVER seen or heard of a blind person on a forum... :/

Just saying. But yeah, reCaptcha might be a good alternative.
Quote:which is required in order for blind users to register

Why / how on earth would a blind member register on a forum?
(2011-06-15, 11:54 AM)Jordan Lovelle Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:which is required in order for blind users to register

Why / how on earth would a blind member register on a forum?
A blind person can use a screen reader, which is what I'm using now.
Although screen readers can't read the image, blind people can listen to the audio and type what they heard. Most sites and forums used ReCaptcha for this reason.
I think so pretty experience blind and deaf hard to can't see on images cause difficult visual reason otherwise voice, I supposed I can't hear voice on sites forum!
(2011-06-15, 12:00 PM)smithtrd Wrote: [ -> ]I think so pretty experience blind and deaf hard to can't see on images cause difficult visual reason otherwise voice, I supposed I can't hear voice on sites forum!
Interesting point.
But blind and deaf people are quite rare mostly in poor countries. Deaf but not blind people can read the image, whilst blind but not deaf people can listen to the audio.
(2011-06-15, 12:02 PM)supanut2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-15, 12:00 PM)smithtrd Wrote: [ -> ]I think so pretty experience blind and deaf hard to can't see on images cause difficult visual reason otherwise voice, I supposed I can't hear voice on sites forum!
Interesting point.
But blind and deaf people are quite rare mostly in poor countries. Deaf but not blind people can read the image, whilst blind but not deaf people can listen to the audio.

that is exactly! I am deaf, can't hear

If we implement reCaptcha, we'll all have to start sitting upside down when using MyBB.

[attachment=23080]

Toungue

We thought about adding reCaptcha to 1.6 but decided not to in the end, due to time I think... there's a fair chance of seeing reCaptcha in 2.0.
(2011-06-15, 12:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If we implement reCaptcha, we'll all have to start sitting upside down when using MyBB.

Toungue

We thought about adding reCaptcha to 1.6 but decided not to in the end, due to time I think... there's a fair chance of seeing reCaptcha in 2.0.

I would just use Nucaptcha as its easy to read and FREE as recaptcha drives me crazy.....and seems to be getting worse.

www.nucaptcha.com
Pages: 1 2