MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing Administrator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bit of an interesting one this;

I have a co-admin on my forum, and frankly he isn't doing his job, and I've been asked by many members to remove him from his position.

I plan on asking him to resign, BUT, I want to plan ahead in-case he does something silly.

Is there a way to stop him from gaining access to the Admin control panel whilst I ask him to resign.

And then how do I go about removing his title and back to normal membership.
If you have a group called co-administrators and he is the only member of it, then just edit the permissions in ACP disallowing him to access the ACP.
ACP -> Users & Groups -> GroupName -> Permissions -> Can access ACP? to NO.
You'd just need to go to ACP > Users & Groups > find him > edit him and change his primary usergroup. You can also go to AC > Users & Groups > Admin Permissions and revoke access to every part of the ACP; then he'd still appear as an admin on the forum, but wouldn't be able to do anything.

(2011-06-15, 12:48 PM)DxArcane Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a group called co-administrators and he is the only member of it, then just edit the permissions in ACP disallowing him to access the ACP.

Make sure you only do that if you're in different usergroups, otherwise you'll lock yourself out too.
ACP/User group/select user/profile/primary user group/ Registred
Edit : posted through Quick Reply when there were no replies ..

add restrictions :
Admin panel --> users & groups --> Admin permissions

edit his account profile to make him a normal user !!
(2011-06-15, 12:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You'd just need to go to ACP > Users & Groups > find him > edit him and change his primary usergroup. You can also go to AC > Users & Groups > Admin Permissions and revoke access to every part of the ACP; then he'd still appear as an admin on the forum, but wouldn't be able to do anything.

(2011-06-15, 12:48 PM)DxArcane Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a group called co-administrators and he is the only member of it, then just edit the permissions in ACP disallowing him to access the ACP.

Make sure you only do that if you're in different usergroups, otherwise you'll lock yourself out too.

Yes, I did mention the "Co-Administrator" group.
And I don't think he wants to demote him, just wants to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid once he knows he's about to get demoted.
Thanks guys.

Hope it won't come to this, but you always have to be prepared. Unfortunately he is not in his own group, so I will have to do it the other way.
In the group settings you can also change his individual acp rights.

Just to make sure: The profile is not listed in your /inc/config.php as a super admin? (If so, remove his ID there or you can't change any rights at all).
(2011-06-15, 04:39 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]In the group settings you can also change his individual acp rights.

Just to make sure: The profile is not listed in your /inc/config.php as a super admin? (If so, remove his ID there or you can't change any rights at all).

/**
 * Super Administrators
 *  A comma separated list of user IDs who cannot
 *  be edited, deleted or banned in the Admin CP.
 *  The administrator permissions for these users
 *  cannot be altered either.
 */

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

/**

I think that means he's not a super admin right?
If he's not UID 1, then you're right.
Pages: 1 2