MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a Board Icon Permanent.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In the main forum directory every board has a symbol next to it to tell if there are new posts, no new posts, or it's locked.

I want to make only one board always have the new post icon.

How do I do it?
In templates 'forumbit_depth2_cat', 'forumbit_depth2_forum' and 'forumbit_depth3_statusicon' change {$lightbulb['folder']} to on
(2011-06-19, 12:42 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]In templates 'forumbit_depth2_cat', 'forumbit_depth2_forum' and 'forumbit_depth3_statusicon' change {$lightbulb['folder']} to on

He want just a board to be on, i don't think it is possible Confused (using Template Conditionals it is possible)
What's Template Conditionals? Also I hope i'm not confusing anyone by mixing up board/forum. I'm talking about the link you click which takes you into a new page to read and make topics and such.
I know it is possible if you want just one forum to be always on, it you want all forums to be always on then Aries reply is the best.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464

This is a advance plugin, you need to know PHP.
I'm not really the advanced type when it comes to this stuff :/
Download and install the plugin from above.

In templates 'forumbit_depth2_cat', 'forumbit_depth2_forum' and 'forumbit_depth3_statusicon' change
{$lightbulb['folder']}
to
<if $forum['fid'] == 3>on<else>{$lightbulb['folder']}</if>

You'll need to change the 3 with the forum ID you had in mind.
Hmm. Doesn't seem to work. When I change the code and check my forum I get this message over and over at the top of my forum and the boards are all gone:

Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /forum/inc/functions_forumlist.php(362) : eval()'d code on line 3
Sorry, it's this:
<if $forum['fid'] == 3 then>on<else>{$lightbulb['folder']}</if>
Woah, woah, guys... He only wants the button to be set to on all the time, right?

Why not just change every image (for forum icons) to the desired one?
Pages: 1 2 3