MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB - Internal Error | 500 Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I tried to open my myBB forum, I received the first error:
"MyBB - Internal Error"

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1040 - Too many connections
Query:
    [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server 

The next time e reload, I receive another error:
"500 Internal Server Error"

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

After a few minutes, I reload again and is now working fine.

I wonder what went wrong? What are possible reasons why I did experience those errors a few minutes ago?
You need to contact your web host. Tell them to increase the max_user_connections setting.
Edit: not seen response by faviouz

if you frequently get server errors similar to above then contact your webhost for the support
(2011-06-23, 09:29 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You need to contact your web host. Tell them to increase the max_user_connections setting.

When it goes back to normal, I only see 4 Visitors Online.
Google, Guest (probably me), and 2 other members.
if such error is seen then members / visitors do not like to wait and refresh. they simply move on..
I believe what ranjani said is what probably happened. Either way, you still need to contact your web host. MyBB has nothing to do with this error.
I mean, it can't be "too many connections".

Last statistics shows:
"The most users online at one time was 43 on 06-17-2011 at 09:07 AM "
You're not listening. There's nothing we can do, contact your web host. They will take care of the situation. If they don't, I recommend you find a better web host.

Some hosts set a really low value for the max_user_connections setting, and when that limit is exceeded the error message is shown.

(2011-06-23, 09:45 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You're not listening. There's nothing we can do, contact your web host. They will take care of the situation. If they don't, I recommend you find a better web host.

Some hosts set a really low value for the max_user_connections setting, and when that limit is exceeded the error message is shown.

Okay. But I need to know more about this max_user_connections. You said the error will be shown when that limit is exceeded.

Is this max_user_connections based on number of concurrent connections, at one time? Or max user connected per month limit?

max_user_connections is the number of connections made at once. For example, 30 connections (your host probably has different values) in a short period of time will exceed that limit.
Pages: 1 2