MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: users can't login in mybb after utf-8 conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I upgraded my mybb forum from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 and converted database from asci to utf-8. after conversion some users cant login into forum,while others have no problem.

i tried to change user passwords manually, but i can't login to mybb with changed password too.

i tried changing cookie settings and there were no thing related with it.
Why have you run the conversation?
parden me?
it is not a bug but a feature? please explain more.

my users can't login to forum and i found no way to do it, please let me know the right track.
How did you convert from ascii to utf-8? Did you use phpmyadmin or did you do it from within mybb? The users who can not login, do their usernames have any non-english characters?
i did conversion via mybb Cp, some yes and some no! i have users with non english username who can login while some users with pure english name cant login.

there's a note that message shown to user after unsuccessful login differ from message shown after incorrect password!
thanks
What was the reason for running the utf-8 conversation?
i did utf-8 conversion because main data were utf-8 that was saved in ascii in previous versions, and we were planning to go to mybb2 as soon as it goes stable, we have a large forum with more than 30,000 users and server load was unusual forced us to plan on a move.

a note on my problem:
when i login to Cp and go to users&groups. if i search a user which have problem logging in views no user is found! as if there's no such user!
while if i go to "find users" and search there, user is found!

is it possible that login system search views instead of real system users? how this views are made?
thanks
i used cp-> maintanance-> utf-8 conversion to encode whole of my database to utf-8.
how ever some of my users can't login now and there's no way to fix their problem.

i want to restore database to ascii and because we have posts during this time i don't wan't to use a backup.
is there a formal way to decode coded database back?
if you find ? symbols in user names table then there is no easy way to decode them to ASCII Sad
There is no ascii encoding in MySQL. If you run utf-8 conversation when it is not needed, it is not possible to restore the database content.
Pages: 1 2