MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Facebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That's going to be fun. Toungue

Well when you return from vacation just let me know. I'd be siked to see it in it's final stages.
(2011-07-06, 11:26 AM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I didn't realize this theme would actually be anticipated. Toungue Well it depends on how long I (or another team member) takes to code it. I can't imagine that it'd take a long time -- probably like 4 hours maximum, but I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow for a month. Big Grin

I can probably get the basic layout done. Any jquery etc would need to be done by another designer though.

(2011-07-06, 11:20 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]Jordan, any idea when this theme will be released? I'm really interested on trying this on a social network forum. Toungue

You could always try the Twitter theme, MyBBSocial. Wink
(2011-07-06, 03:09 PM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]You could always try the Twitter theme, MyBBSocial. Wink
I'm not very fond of the mybb social layout. It's very ugly in my opinion. To many complications with customizing it. The facebook one has a cleaner look to it.
(2011-07-06, 05:59 PM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-06, 03:09 PM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]You could always try the Twitter theme, MyBBSocial. Wink
I'm not very fond of the mybb social layout. It's very ugly in my opinion. To many complications with customizing it. The facebook one has a cleaner look to it.

Well thanks for you honest opinion on my theme. Wink Back on topic - let me know if you want me to get the template layouts done for you. Toungue
I like it, nice concept Big Grin
Thanks for the offer, Clarkie, but I've currently got someone working on it. Smile
Very cool looking theme - it has stickiness to it, an instant "I LIKE it".

What mockup software did you use?

A question/suggestion: in the left panel there's a list of posts, but their titles are cut off. This is the same thing I see on MyBB portals - the post titles are truncated to 25 characters. IMO that could be improved. One idea would be to display the entire post title in a tooltip, but I'd prefer a way to view all post titles in their entirety somehow. The panel is too narrow for that, though.

Anyway, if this theme were fluid, I'd totally force it on my users Wink J/K
Thank you for the kind feedback. Smile

I used Adobe Photoshop CS5.

I believe that can be changed via modding the core, since it's not able to be changed when making a theme. Note that the above is just an image (it's not coded or anything like that) so all of the above is my recollection of how MyBB works so I could incorporate it in to a theme.

Thanks. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3