MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Selling MyBB Forum: halochiefs.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm unsure what kind of information you guys would need; as the website is currently up.

Our members have made a total of 18,877 posts in 2,591 threads.
We currently have 2,247 members registered.
Board started on 04-26-2008

I spent a lot of time on this forum, and while it can be argued a board should be sold for its' "current state," I believe otherwise. I have a big memberbase who all miss Halo Chief's and I brought it back only last week to get it going..only to realize I lost a lot of interest in Halo. I'm deciding to sell it to someone who can revive its name and get it active again. Probably someone who has a big interest in forums and Halo.

The domain is nice and old, so SEO would be easy if you know what you're doing. The theme is made by Audentio and was $20. I'd say $80 isn't too much to ask for. You're getting the domain, theme, database, and more importantly I'll make sure the old community respects you. A miss you e-mail would bring at least ten old members back; for sure.

http://www.halochiefs.net
Asking $80+
May I ask how many hits a month the website is getting with some screen shots as proof.
At the moment, it is getting about 20 hits a day. It is not in its prime, which is why I'm selling it.
$80 is way to much to ask for a forum thats only getting 20 hits. You cant base your forum on your member size, posts etc... It must be based on its current state, which you said yourself "It is not in its prime"
(2011-07-02, 05:26 PM)bongo Wrote: [ -> ]$80 is way to much to ask for a forum thats only getting 20 hits. You cant base your forum on your member size, posts etc... It must be based on its current state, which you said yourself "It is not in its prime"

Any Forum can be made active again, if the new owner has proper knowledge about the subject, and has proper promotional skills.
Exactly, Then they can buy a domain for $5 and start their own forum.
(2011-07-02, 05:55 PM)bongo Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly, Then they can buy a domain for $5 and start their own forum.

I agree with you completely, but I believe is worth a little something just not the price hes asking for. If I were a buyer I would only pay about $15-$20 for this domain. Only because his website has a decent premium theme that costs a bit of money and it's good that his website has some content on it to get people started posting.
I would give an appraisal of around $50.

Why?
  • Custom theme
  • There is already a bit of content
  • Great domain
This forum should be at least 300 USD. Is very nice and has many members.
(2011-07-02, 06:40 PM)Darth Stabro Wrote: [ -> ]I would give an appraisal of around $50.

Why?
  • Custom theme
  • There is already a bit of content
  • Great domain

Thats a reasonable price.
Pages: 1 2