MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where to advertise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I launched my new site a couple of weeks back and it appears that I'm a little out of practice when it comes to advertising Toungue It's just not launching as fast as I hoped it would.

I've tried advertising on webmaster forums, tech forums, console forums, twitter, and just word of mouth but... it doesn't seem to work Toungue

And besides the obvious answer that maybe people just don't like my site, what else can I do and where else can I advertise to help get some more traffic on my site?
Advertising on other sites within your niche is usually the best choice, though I guess you're talking about PsVitals - in which case there aren't many other forums in that exact niche.
Yea haha. There aren't to many and the few that there are there are even less that want to sell ad spots so it's just me posting with my link in my sig Toungue

[shameless plug]
The whole point of my forum is advertising and feedback, so while right now there's not many people that visit, it can't hurt to throw a thread in there.
[/shameless plug]
(2011-07-05, 02:32 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]So, I launched my new site a couple of weeks back and it appears that I'm a little out of practice when it comes to advertising Toungue It's just not launching as fast as I hoped it would.

I've tried advertising on webmaster forums, tech forums, console forums, twitter, and just word of mouth but... it doesn't seem to work Toungue

And besides the obvious answer that maybe people just don't like my site, what else can I do and where else can I advertise to help get some more traffic on my site?

I would have made a much broader forum than one just about PlayStations.
I think that's why you're having the problems with advertising it, it's such a small niche, as euantor said.
(2011-07-05, 05:33 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ][shameless plug]
The whole point of my forum is advertising and feedback, so while right now there's not many people that visit, it can't hurt to throw a thread in there.
[/shameless plug]
Haha Will do.

(2011-07-05, 05:48 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-05, 02:32 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]So, I launched my new site a couple of weeks back and it appears that I'm a little out of practice when it comes to advertising Toungue It's just not launching as fast as I hoped it would.

I would have made a much broader forum than one just about PlayStations.
I think that's why you're having the problems with advertising it, it's such a small niche, as euantor said.
It's not about just playstations... it's about the Vita. One console. An even smaller niche xD
But thats exactly the reason why I wanted to make a Vita forum.
I love your question.
Maybe you would be better off just making a section for it on Penhacks or something.
Paying for advertisements when your website is growing is a waste of time and energy.
Trust me.
I haven't paid a dime for advertisements, because I never bought advertisements spots.

Focus on content, and Google.
(2011-07-05, 10:49 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you would be better off just making a section for it on Penhacks or something.
I have the domain bro. I'm not just going to let it die.

(2011-07-06, 12:04 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Paying for advertisements when your website is growing is a waste of time and energy.
Trust me.
I haven't paid a dime for advertisements, because I never bought advertisements spots.

Focus on content, and Google.
Really? I mean... it must help a little?
Pages: 1 2