MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Locked Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Folks

Set up a new forum yesterday and everything was working fine. Today when I try to log in as Admin, I get the confirmation box/message about being "taken back to where you came from...." etc - but when I get returned to the forum I'm not logged in.

It can't be the coockie problem listed in "start here first" as it was working OK!

Any ideas? Huh
Update....

I cleared out my cache and was able to log in....

Why would that be?? Undecided
Have you checked to make sure all your settings are correct?

Matt's post HERE may be of help to you.
(2011-07-05, 03:25 PM)mike537 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you checked to make sure all your settings are correct?

Matt's post HERE may be of help to you.

Yes - as I say, it's not the Cookie problem, the settings are in line with Matt's advice and the forum was working. Since I cleared my cache, it's now working again.....odd (but good!)

Now it's locked me out again even if I clear my cache!

Any ideas folks?
Can you give a link to your Forum?
(2011-07-05, 04:07 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give a link to your Forum?

sure....http://www.footyfans.org

Your cookie settings are definitely not correct. Go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > General Configuration. Set Cookie Domain to .footyfans.org and Cookie Path to /
Don't forget to also change it in your ./inc/settings.php file if you are having problems logging into your ACP.
(2011-07-05, 05:25 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Your cookie settings are definitely not correct. Go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > General Configuration. Set Cookie Domain to .footyfans.org and Cookie Path to /

OK I've done that now - but now it won't let me log out!! Blush

I get this message:

Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to log out, please click the Log Out button at the top menu.

But when I click log out again, it keeps me logged in Confused
The cookie settings are correct now.

Try clearing your browser cache and see if it works correctly then?
Delete your cookies in your browser as well.
Pages: 1 2