MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/mizukin/public_html/inc/settings.php on line 138

It gave me this error in the upgrade of the version 1602 to 1603 (I don't remember in which step)

Now the forum doesn't work and it don't let me upgrade it and give me this error.

http://www.forumanime-pt.com/install/upgrade.php

I don't know what to do. Undecided Even if I remove the install directory, the forum give me this error.
Delete ./inc/settings.php
Done, but when upgrading it gives me that error again. I will delete again so you can see.

Deleted. Try.
I can access the upgrade page just fine.
There must be something on your server that's causing the script to time out then, all it's doing is rebuilding the file.
faviouz, try again. When I try to upgrade it gives me this error. If I remove the settings.php and try to upgrade again it gives me that error again.

What can I do now? I have to finish the upgrade. If I remove the install directory all the links give me this error.
What does line 138 contain?
When you look on line 138 what's there?? The upgrade script from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 hardly even does anything, so either your host has a limit set stupidly low, or there's something specific on that line that's causing it to break.
Nothing, it's empty.
It won't be saying there's an error on line 138 if it's empty, if it was empty there wouldn't be a line 138 would there...
Pages: 1 2