MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Thread Subscription Mode Instant Email when registering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've been looking throughout the admin control panel and couldn't find this feature.

I need to set the Default Thread Subscription Mode to Instant email notification when a new user is registering.

Right now the default value is Do not subscribe.

Also, when a user is posting a new thread or message, I'd like to set the default to Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies.

Please let me know how to achieve this.

Thank you! : )

ACP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> Your Theme -> Member Templates -> member_register

Find:
Quote:<select name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod">
<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
<option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
</select>

Replace With:
<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
<option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
</select>
Hi kavin,

Thanks for your reply.

Then I understand there is no feature for this in the admin control panel.

If I edit that template, what would happen when applying updates/upgrades? Should I keep this in mind to manually edit it again after applying updates/upgrades?

Thank you. : )
(2011-07-09, 05:55 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]ACP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> Your Theme -> Member Templates -> member_register

Find:
</select>

Replace With:
</select>

The code above changes the standard subscription setting for new registering users.
Is there also a way to change it for already existing users?

Thanks in advance.
i presume you would run some sort of phpmyadmin sql query to change / force all users to differnt value as thats what you do to force all users to use specific postbit type
(I know this is an old thread, I am just complementing it with an answer since it's often found in search results)

Run this SQL query to set all existing users to the same thread subscription mode:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `subscriptionmethod` = 'X';

Change X to the value of the subscription method. 0 corresponds to "Do not subscribe", 1 corresponds to "No email notification" and 2 corresponds to "Instant email notification".
After applied this change,
Somehow no matter what a user change the setting to, they still get emails in their mail when someone replies to a thread they've been in. Is it supposed to be this way? Or a bug?
Thank you very much, it is very useful.

Also if you have some default table name then edit in fabio code
UPDATE "tablename"users SET subscriptionmethod = '0';

Remove "tablename" including"" with the table name.
(2011-07-09, 05:55 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]ACP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> Your Theme -> Member Templates -> member_register

Find:
</select>

Replace With:
</select>

Does this code send email notifications to the CREATOR of the thread? Or does this code send email notifications to anybody who participates in the thread (including the creator)?

Thanks.
This worked like a charm, thanks Kavin.
Pages: 1 2