MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't seem to install e-mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just tried it. Still get this message:

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />111: Connection refused
Edit : not seen kavin's response Smile

see also mail sending problems

Login to your Gmail account, Go to account settings. Under "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab, select
"Enable POP for all mail".
It still doesn't work. HuhHuhHuh

What I have tried so far:

Quote:The following are the Gmail SMTP server and port settings for sending emails through Gmail from any email client program:

Under Outgoing mail, set Gmail SMTP server address as smtp.gmail.com.
Configure Gmail SMTP user name as: your full Gmail address (including @gmail.com) Google Apps users may have to enter username@your_domain.com.
Configure Gmail SMTP password as: Your Gmail password.
Configure Gmail SMTP port as: 465 or 587.
Configure Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required as: yes.
If you tried configuring your SMTP server on port 465 (with SSL) and port 587 (with TLS), but are still having trouble sending emails, try configuring the SMTP server to use port 25 (with SSL). But make sure SSL is active for SMTP in your email client. Also ensure “allow authentication” is active for the SMTP server in your email client.

From here: http://techblissonline.com/gmail-smtp/
Tried all combinations.

Gmail:

Enabled POP and IMAP. Double checked email and password.

What else can I do?

To clarify: I am constantly making new accounts on my forum and trying to see if the registration system works. I set the option to Confusedend random password"
No one can help?
Enable only POP. The IMAP should be disabled.
I get the same error @ System Email Log.........................
Maybe you host doesn't support SMTP.
GoDaddy doesn't support SMTP? I thought they did.
They don't... for shared hosting servers.

Quote:@Juston,

We do not allow remote connections to SMTP servers from our shared hosting network. Your local machine is configured differently and you have different permissions than that within a hosted environment.

Sorry,

Jason

See the second post here.
http://community.godaddy.com/groups/web-...nal-smtps/
oh.... wow...

so all that's left is PHP now.... I tried the PHP help thing and it works but mail doesn't get delivered? man, godaddy sucks.
Pages: 1 2 3