MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't seem to install e-mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-07-11, 06:05 PM)Pankakes Wrote: [ -> ]oh.... wow...

so all that's left is PHP now.... I tried the PHP help thing and it works but mail doesn't get delivered? man, godaddy sucks.

I guess you need a better host. Godaddy isn't good with hosting. They are only good in domains.
But I just got godaddy like 1 month ago...

Anyways, what can be done with the PHP thing?
(2011-07-11, 06:14 PM)Pankakes Wrote: [ -> ]But I just got godaddy like 1 month ago...

Anyways, what can be done with the PHP thing?

You are receiving mails but in Junk folder, aren't you. There is nothing much to do about. PHP mails are sent to junk most of the times.
Well, if they were being sent to junk folder how come I dont see it in them and see a PHP error @ system mail...
What have you set as your admin email and/or return email in Admincp >> Settings >> General Configuration

Godaddy is very picky with php mail. First there is a 15-30 mins delay when using their php mail, second if you set a from address that is not the same as the domain you have registered, your mail will probably be dropped.

See the second response here:
http://community.godaddy.com/groups/emai...44265&sp=1

If mails still don't go through, you will need to contact godaddy to have a look and give you a better response on why they are not going through.
"What have you set as your admin email and/or return email in Admincp >> Settings >> General Configuration"

I have set the e-mail I used with the SMTP thing.
Pages: 1 2 3