MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MoshDB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fresh to the forum community, I would like to present MoshDB. A community aimed at bringing together fans of hardcore/metal/punk/rock music. Myself and a group of other enthusiastic musicians have been working on this website for a week and it is now ready for the public to jump on board. The website will be updated daily and we are slowly bringing in the best of ideas from the community to implement new features to make your time at MoshDB even more enjoyable.

Forum Features:
  • Clean looking theme.
  • Mobile version completely compatible with all popular smart phones.

Community Features:
  • Band of the week award.
  • Weekly unsigned spotlight segment.
  • Interviews of both popular and fresh bands/artists.
  • Up to date calendar of CD release dates.

You can also follow us on both Twitter and Facebook by clicking their respective links on the top menu.

Click here to visit website.
You clearly put some thought into the concept and it's a nice one.

But you have chosen a very bland style. There is no reference to hardcore/metal/punk/rock music what so ever, there even is no reference to music in general.
It looks way too sterile and could be any random forum about any random topic.

I'm sorry but that's just my opinion.
@Harest Thank you for the great constructive criticism. I will be honest, graphical design is not one of my strong points. Currently we are in the talks with a theme designer who is going to build something custom and much more related to the websites concept. I know that the Apart series is over used, but for the time being, it will have to do.
Interesting, and yes as Harest said, you should consider altering the theme to fit that specific genre.
I'm far from good in the field of graphics, so it's nice to find some friends who know a thing or two regarding graphics.

I've used the Apart theme (although it was heavily modified) for the first few months as well for my forums, it didn't look as great but did the job.

You should consider adding a more descriptive forum description. I don't know if it's just me but I like it when new forums put a lot of work into describing their forums.

@Richard Thanks for your suggestions. I will have a sit down tonight and go through each of the forum descriptions and think up some more content for them. Just had a look at MapleTalk. That is a really great looking website. The theme is minimalist yet still effective (which is what I want to go for) and it seems to be a very active community.
I agree getting a custom theme would be a great idea with custom Icons and logo

Them maybe do some post exchanges to get members and post count up

But good luck with it
@fiona1964 I was looking into some possible paid posts services to make the website look much more active, I am just unsure whether it will fill the website with pointless thread and spam that makes it look like a terrible community to take part in. The custom theme isn't too far away, I shall let you all know when it is online.
Good name
Good forums
Bad skin Toungue
(2011-07-13, 11:39 PM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]@fiona1964 I was looking into some possible paid posts services to make the website look much more active, I am just unsure whether it will fill the website with pointless thread and spam that makes it look like a terrible community to take part in. The custom theme isn't too far away, I shall let you all know when it is online.

Then when doing this sort of exchange have guide lines
like all post must be at least 2 sentience long and ask them to post only in the Music Forums Section ect

@Darth Stabro
Thanks for your thoughts. Hopefully a more suitable theme is not too far away.

@fiona1964
Yeah, this may be the way I do it. I will have a look around for some decent looking services and get on board.
I may not be the best at design, but I am giving it my best shot to make something decent looking. This is the mockup I have come up with so far and I will start coding it tonight. Let me know what you think.
Pages: 1 2 3