MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why is reputation so tedious?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could MyBB 2.0 simplify the reputation process?

It's just you're right now just taking the guy to another page, clicking on a popup, and then rating the user.

If you look at IPB or XenForo with their like feature, it's just a click of a button. No, it's not social media (I'm tired of that rhetoric). What I want is just this thing to be simplified, really.
I like the idea though I think it should be a two-step process. Maybe give reputation in the postbit and have a confirmation page/popup kind of thing. If not, have a feature where you can undo reputation you gave that instant just to prevent accidental reputation.
I like the way IP.Board does it with those two little buttons on the post.
But to be fair, I like the engagement of a "Like," similar to IPB 3.2, XenForo, and many social networks. My point is that I really think that it can really be simplified.

As it stands, we currently disable the reputation system and have the Thank You/Like System installed instead (G33K's plugin). Ferron brings up a good point, but I think it's better off that there's an undo button if you hit +rep.
I personally don't mind how it currently works, but what you're suggesting is not so much of a bad idea. But in the case the user presses the button by mistake, there should be a similar way to remove the reputation.
(2011-07-15, 08:35 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't mind how it currently works, but what you're suggesting is not so much of a bad idea. But in the case the user presses the button by mistake, there should be a similar way to remove the reputation.
Have you seen the way IPB does it? There's a small window with the rep number in it with a plus and minus button on either side, which would make it easy to remove rep.
(2011-07-15, 09:26 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-15, 08:35 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't mind how it currently works, but what you're suggesting is not so much of a bad idea. But in the case the user presses the button by mistake, there should be a similar way to remove the reputation.
Have you seen the way IPB does it? There's a small window with the rep number in it with a plus and minus button on either side, which would make it easy to remove rep.

But they've largely replaced it with Like in 3.2, but I get your point.
(2011-07-16, 02:55 PM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]

They haven't replaced it, that's only what you've seen on the official IPB forums I think, because I just checked an installation of 3.2 beta my buddy is letting me play with and they still have the classic reputation system, as well as the like system.
(2011-07-16, 04:45 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-16, 02:55 PM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]

They haven't replaced it, that's only what you've seen on the official IPB forums I think, because I just checked an installation of 3.2 beta my buddy is letting me play with and they still have the classic reputation system, as well as the like system.

Oh, so they have both? Fair enough. I should really keep updated despite me moving to XenForo.
I like the way this plugin for MyBB does it:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-46095.html
Pages: 1 2