MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hacked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just checked my forum and it was totally hacked!!!
ALL THE MYBB FILES ARE GONE!!!!!!!!
ARRGH!!! What do I do now, please tell me, please please. The database is gone, everything is lost. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

It was fine literally 30 minutes ago. Wtf happened?!?!?!?

Help me somebody!!!!

http://gotservice.site11.com/
They had access to your ftp. MyBB in no way was hacked.

You need to contact your host and have them resolve this issue.
The entire thing is gone. I just see some text. And if the text is right, then you should have your password a little stronger than it was.

Well everything is gone, there's nothing left to do.
(2011-07-16, 11:36 PM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]They had access to your ftp. MyBB in no way was hacked.

You need to contact your host and have them resolve this issue.

The person obviously knew about MyBB forum and it hacked it all!!
That's how they changed stuff right? Or what are you saying!!!
If all your files were deleted and wiped off your website then MyBB wasn't hacked. They had access to your files through your main control panel login. You need to make a secure password. I would also check your email and see if they were logging into that.
(2011-07-16, 11:40 PM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]If all your files were deleted and wiped off your website then MyBB wasn't hacked. They had access to your files through your main control panel login. You need to make a secure password. I would also check your email and see if they were logging into that.

I use GMail for it and the IP that always logs in is mine. I don't know what to do now. I had so much stuff on that forum. ARRGH!!!!

I SPENT SO MUCH TIME INTO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ever think that site11 (000webhost) deleted everything? They do that.
(2011-07-16, 11:48 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Ever think that site11 (000webhost) deleted everything? They do that.

That's a possibility, but then why would they put that stupid text up there?
I suspect MattRogowski... it happened just after we finished talking.
Matt Rogowski is far beyond suspicion. You obviously used an insecure password.
Or you just created that site on a freehost and said you got hacked because you want to rage at MyBB for being 'insecure' because you got banned.
Pages: 1 2