MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: invite system for mybb 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hy, i know that in order to enable a plugin that wasn't designed for your mybb version, you need to change a line...but what line should i change because i can't remember

here is the mod http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/invitation-only
The 'compatibility' line.
(2011-07-18, 11:12 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]The 'compatibility' line.

only problem is that the line doesn't exist Undecided
I think you can just write the line without any problem:
	"version"			=> "1.0"
	"compatibility"			=> "16*"
If it doesn't have that line, you don't need to add it.
(2011-07-18, 11:34 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]If it doesn't have that line, you don't need to add it.

well the plugin doesn't work (i get a mysql error every time i try to activate it)
All that line does it makes sure that the plugin is compatible with your version of MyBB when activating it. Nothing more.

If it's a MySQL error, you'll need to tell us what the error is.
(2011-07-18, 11:40 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]All that line does it makes sure that the plugin is compatible with your version of MyBB when activating it. Nothing more.

If it's a MySQL error, you'll need to tell us what the error is.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'a5246484_forum.mybb_mybb_settinggroups' doesn't exist
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_mybb_settinggroups (gid,name,title,description,disporder,isdefault) VALUES ('NULL','inviteonly','Invitation Only','Settings For The invitatation only Plugin','1','no')

this is the only plugin that doesn't work
Find the query that contains mybb_settinggroups and replace with settinggroups
(2011-07-18, 12:04 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Find the query that contains mybb_settinggroups and replace with settinggroups

there should be a php file called mybb_settinggroups? (sorry for the retared questions, i just started using mybb Big Grin)
Pages: 1 2 3