MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editor size problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, I never thought I would become a victim of this horrible bug, but I have Sad The text area of the editor is hanging out.

Oh, I tried numerous threads here, but they didn't do what I wanted to do. I have the editor loading in the quick reply box and it looks fine there, it's only when I'm making a new thread or posting an advanced reply that it has this bug.

Problem is, those tutorials I found would also resize the editor in the quick reply box, which didn't look good at all.

So how can I fix this issue, while ignoring those other threads which didn't help much?

Also, will MyBB 1.6.4 solve this problem? I saw a post by Tomm somewhere about a better editor coming after 1.6.3.
may be a css trick helps in initial adjustment ... a test user account is required to try that ...
(2011-07-18, 06:57 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Have you seen this?

http://community.mybb.com/thread-75337.html
That's one of the threads I was referring to when I said they didn't do what I wanted.
(2011-07-18, 07:03 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]may be a css trick helps in initial adjustment ... a test user account is required to try that ...

Yes a test account on a test forum that you're hosting Wink Get WAMP Server, it will help you a lot.

I don't mean to be rude, I just don't think it's necessary to try having someone else come on and fix it yet Smile
^ hmm.,
I don't mean to be rude either, but the information you provided is very limited. We don't automatically know what you mean by "the editor is hanging out". And actually, a test account is likely the only way that we're going to be able to help you because it allows us to view the source code and fiddle with it.
(2011-07-18, 07:22 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mean to be rude either, but the information you provided is very limited. We don't automatically know what you mean by "the editor is hanging out". And actually, a test account is likely the only way that we're going to be able to help you because it allows us to view the source code and fiddle with it.

Well here's a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/2cle6

And any one of you can register and fiddle around with it in the spam forum. I just don't want to be granting ACP access until there's no other option.
Ok, and why doesn't the thread I linked you to fix the problem? How does it look like afterwards? By the way, you're supposed to play with the values if those used by the author of the tutorial don't work.

Regarding the test account, nobody ever asked you for an admin account. You were asked for a user test account, in order to post a new reply and see the editor. We're not going to register on your forum though, you're the one that should create an account, as the box at the top instructs you to.
Edit : not seen faviouz's response ...

if it is spam section then allow guests to post at least for a day !!

btw, a test user account is different from a testing admin account !! a real
contributor never asks admin privileges unless it is required to fix the issues
(2011-07-18, 07:50 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, and why doesn't the thread I linked you to fix the problem? How does it look like afterwards? By the way, you're supposed to play with the values if those used by the author of the tutorial don't work.

Regarding the test account, nobody ever asked you for an admin account. You were asked for a user test account, in order to post a new reply and see the editor. We're not going to register on your forum though, you're the one that should create an account, as the box at the top instructs you to.
Fine xD

I'll send you a PM with the details Smile
(2011-07-18, 07:53 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]Edit : not seen faviouz's response ...

if it is spam section then allow guests to post at least for a day !!

btw, a test user account is different from a testing admin account !! a real
contributor never asks admin privileges unless it is required to fix the issues

That would be stupid to allow guests to post.
Pages: 1 2 3