MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Portal "Latest Threads" to direct to latest post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By default, clicking the thread title will only direct you to that thread. But I want to change it so it automatically directs you to the latest post in the thread. Also if it is possible, can you remove the useless "Last Post" link so it will just be text?
http://clubhousegaming.net/
have a look at portal page here - I find that last post link works fine ...
It doesn't work for me. I'm using the Sidebox plugin by Nayar. Take a look at http://clubhousegaming.net/
I don't have that plugin, but you can likely edit it yourself

find something like
$thread['threadlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['tid']);

and replace it with something like
$thread['threadlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['tid'], 0, "lastpost");

as you can see, it just adds the

, 0, "lastpost"

portion to the function. The line may not be exactly as above, but the right side of the "=" should be similar.

then edit the template the side box uses to remove the <a> tag to the last post link, and just keep the text.
might be able to just append the action=lastpost in the template or sth
(2011-07-21, 05:25 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]might be able to just append the action=lastpost in the template or sth

fine, take the easy way..... Big Grin
(2011-07-21, 05:20 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have that plugin, but you can likely edit it yourself

find something like
$thread['threadlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['tid']);

and replace it with something like
$thread['threadlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['tid'], 0, "lastpost");

as you can see, it just adds the

, 0, "lastpost"

portion to the function. The line may not be exactly as above, but the right side of the "=" should be similar.

then edit the template the side box uses to remove the <a> tag to the last post link, and just keep the text.
Thank you!