MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which of these services would you pick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-07-23, 12:18 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you have already gone through that on Twitter or Facebook, of course.

Of course Smile It offers a lot simpler way to register that will appeal most to people who come off of Facebook or Twitter to read an article on the site, and then decide to join.

(2011-07-23, 12:20 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]Still doesn't add much security to the account, and those captcha's are there to prevent bots and spammers. Using facebook as a filter is just lazy.
I know that. And I'm not using Facebook or Twitter as a filter. There's just a higher chance of real users instead of spammers joining using those services. And I'm not talking about getting rid of the registration form completely, the topic of this thread was which service I listed you would use.
(2011-07-23, 12:20 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-23, 12:18 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you have already gone through that on Twitter or Facebook, of course.

Of course Smile It offers a lot simpler way to register that will appeal most to people who come off of Facebook or Twitter to read an article on the site, and then decide to join.

(2011-07-23, 12:20 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]Still doesn't add much security to the account, and those captcha's are there to prevent bots and spammers. Using facebook as a filter is just lazy.
I know that. And I'm not using Facebook or Twitter as a filter. There's just a higher chance of real users instead of spammers joining using those services. And I'm not talking about getting rid of the registration form completely, the topic of this thread was which service I listed you would use.

Yes, i'm aware, I read the original post.
Just giving you feedback, that I, and others, would rather not use third party services to login/register.
(2011-07-23, 12:32 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, i'm aware, I read the original post.
Just giving you feedback, that I, and others, would rather not use third party services to login/register.

The only "other" seems to be scoutie but the other people who have replied to this thread chose a service or two. You're the only one saying that for the most part.
Twitter <3
Is awesome Big Grin
MSN is to comminicate, facebook is for photos and events, its a bloated calender sharing tool. Twitter i find only good for one liners.
(2011-07-23, 03:11 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]MSN is to comminicate, facebook is for photos and events, its a bloated calender sharing tool. Twitter i find only good for one liners.

The question was which one you would use to register with on a forum.
(2011-07-23, 03:13 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-23, 03:11 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]MSN is to comminicate, facebook is for photos and events, its a bloated calender sharing tool. Twitter i find only good for one liners.

The question was which one you would use to register with on a forum.

I break it down to which catergory it falls into. Usually i use forums to commicate. There are few communities i've joined that i share pictures with, and events, and even less one liners. I keep assoicated accounts to similiar services.
Sounds like you're talking about integrating Twitter and Facebook actions, not using them to log in with Toungue
The benefit of Facebook Connect is easy - you're practically guaranteed to have access to a real person. With Twitter and MSN, you apply personas.
(2011-07-23, 03:22 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you're talking about integrating Twitter and Facebook actions, not using them to log in with Toungue

Undecided And it sounds to me that he/she is telling you why forums should integrate logins/registrations with said services.

If say...You're using VB, IPB, or MyBB (with a gallery plugin), then you would integrate it with facebook to make photo uploading just as good. Or to update their status from their forums profile, etc.

You should really listen to the people giving you their input on this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4