MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which of these services would you pick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-07-23, 09:16 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-23, 03:22 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you're talking about integrating Twitter and Facebook actions, not using them to log in with Toungue

Undecided And it sounds to me that he/she is telling you why forums should integrate logins/registrations with said services.

If say...You're using VB, IPB, or MyBB (with a gallery plugin), then you would integrate it with facebook to make photo uploading just as good. Or to update their status from their forums profile, etc.

You should really listen to the people giving you their input on this.

That would be cool, and IPB and XenForo have some functionality in this area for Facebook and Twitter status updates, but I don't think my members would want or need this feature.

Right now, I just want to know which service you would register with Toungue
Exactly Claire. (Took me a minute to remember your old name Toungue)

For example, i would not sign up on a forum general forum with facebook or twitter, because i likely intend to stay on that forum, as my online me, not as my real me. I prefer to keep them distanced, as i tend to anger some. I'd use msn, since i'd likely talk to those people with msn/

I would not sign up on a jokes website with msn, as it would likely be something i would not want to talk to others about on. Twitter is a great method to sharing.

I wouldn't sign up on a photography forum with twitter, since it doesn't host pictures. Facebook hosts high quality images, so it would make sense to have that linked.
Well all three options give you a chance to pick your username, so there's nothing wrong there, and it doesn't give a link to your profile page on any of the sites.

Though it would be a cool idea to link stuff like that, right now I'm focusing on what people would choose first to register with, despite the forum type, considering many forums, if any, don't have the linking features.
Twitter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4