MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What would you like to see in a Minecraft forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So as a some of you probably know, myself and a partner (Kolton T.) are working on a Minecraft forum.

Because I'd like some ideas, I'm posting this to ask what you would like to see in a Minecraft forum, since we'd like to be unique.

Post your ideas, I'd like to hear them. Don't want to hear negativity like "the forum iz going to fail" and the like. Just ideas. Thanks.
Regular contests that gives away MC accounts would be nice.
It's pretty hard to be unique in such a saturated niche.
Blocks. Lots of blocks.
Creativity contests or something? Users submit maps and the coolest one wins. And when I say "wins", I mean nice prizes. Surely others communities are already doing this, so it isn't exactly unique, but it's kind of something obvious.
(2011-07-24, 10:11 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Regular contests that gives away MC accounts would be nice.
It's pretty hard to be unique in such a saturated niche.
Undecided That might be interesting. Kind of expensive though.
(2011-07-24, 10:12 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Blocks. Lots of blocks.
Yes, spammers will have a hard time getting on the forum, don't worry. Those that do manage to spam will be sent straight to the Nether Wink
(2011-07-24, 10:20 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Creativity contests or something? Users submit maps and the coolest one wins. And when I say "wins", I mean nice prizes. Surely others communities are already doing this, so it isn't exactly unique, but it's kind of something obvious.
Interesting idea, goes hand-in-hand with the account giveaways. Perhaps once a month or once every two months would be a good idea for this.
(2011-07-24, 10:24 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes, spammers will have a hard time getting on the forum, don't worry. Those that do manage to spam will be sent straight to the Nether Wink

The joke --> .
|
|
|
Your head --> .
(2011-07-25, 12:35 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-24, 10:24 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]

The joke --> .
|
|
|
Your head --> .

Huh

I don't see anything special about Tomm's comment other than it wasn't a suggestion, and so I responded with what I thought was funny.
Oh well then:

Your joke --> .
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
My head --> .

Carry on.
Will you have an actual server? Or is this just a lone minecraft forum?
(2011-07-25, 04:28 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Will you have an actual server? Or is this just a lone minecraft forum?

We plan to have a server in the future.
Pages: 1 2