MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT showthread.php, forumdisplay.php and possibly others with syntax errors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
No, labrocca, fatal errors are not handled by PHP.
It seams to be a problem when you are not using the database cache.
Thanks @Tomm M for the quick solution.

I´ve got the same issue with a live forum after testing in Xampp without problems.

Suggestion: isn´t this an expected problem to 1.6.4 upgrade? Add to => http://community.mybb.com/thread-75028.html
(2011-07-28, 07:29 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]No, labrocca, fatal errors are not handled by PHP.
It seams to be a problem when you are not using the database cache.

^this

thanks for the fix.
This issue seems to re-occur at random after the 1604 update. i've had to rebuild the forumdisplay cache 4 times now.
threadprefix errors also occur after creating a new category+forum. its really not handling external caching as good as it used to.
It fails every few hours on a larger board.

I've setup a test entiroment on my windows machine and the results as the same as on production. Rebuilded the cache 3 times now. Seems to me working with db for now, but it died very fast with xcache and files.

Forum directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\forum\

Operating System:
Windows 7

Apache version:
httpd-2.2.19-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi

Php version:
php-5.3.6-Win32-VC9-x86.msi

Error:
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\forum\showthread.php on line 1107

On production machine i use Ubuntu servers 11.04. with different versions, but it crashes in the same place.

Any news? I still can't use xCache. Sad
Yep, both the threadprefix and forumdisplay caches are failing at random on 1604 when using external caching mechanisms.

i'm up to... it must be, 15x now since updating to 1604.

using xCache as well.
APC works fine for me, only XCache seams to be affected.
I had this error too. Found it was related to xcache and the prefix cache. I don't use prefixes.

This is a bug imho and should be reported.

I personally fixed by created one prefix in a forum. So that the prefix cache wasn't empty.
(2011-08-31, 09:01 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bug imho and should be reported.
Yeah, it is a bug. We are already investigating this issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5