MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT showthread.php, forumdisplay.php and possibly others with syntax errors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I bet it's something very simple because this wasn't an issue in 1.6.3.
1.6.3 didn't have the threadprefix and forumdisplay optimisations either

just wondering what xcache version people are on here.... i just noticed xcache 1.3.2 has released recently
(2011-08-31, 04:35 PM)squall_leonhart69r Wrote: [ -> ]1.6.3 didn't have the threadprefix and forumdisplay optimisations either

just wondering what xcache version people are on here.... i just noticed xcache 1.3.2 has released recently

my host use 1.3.2...
i tested and have same problem related this thread

[Image: v77590.png]
And seems when I rebuilt the cache it worked but then hours later it would error again. Assume this was after a daily reset of Apache or maybe when the cache rebuilt in a task. I would have looked into this more but my fix worked and was very easy.

I'm sure the issue is that if the cache is empty the array is not cached properly or not viewed as an empty array correctly.
the thing is, the error isn't always the threadprefix cache.
Every cache should be regenerated when it is empty or invalid. But this obviously does not work here. I think XCache is the only cache handler that can loose its content, so it just affects XCache. And some users had problems after upgrade but then you can rebuild the caches and everything is fine again.
I had zero problems up till 1.6.4. So while I know you want to blame xcache please explain how these problems did not exist in 1.6.3 or earlier version. I've used xcache since 1.4x series just fine.
The prefixcache was introduced in 1.6.4: [Issue #1406]
If I were to take a best guess it's how the cache is empty in xcache and MyBB errors because the empty cache is not an array. It sees it as a string such as () intead of as array(). Maybe that seems really obvious so I'm sorry if that's true.

I know I can recreate the error. I just have to remove my holder thread prefix.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5