MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Releasing themes without submitting to mod site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there anywhere on the MyBB site I can release themes without submitting to the mod website?

I would check here regularly to offer support as well as free email support.

I have 6 themes currently and 3 move in development I would like to release but they are exclusive to my website in terms of downloading.

They are all 100%, no strings attatched.
The release section of the themes forum?
If you read here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-43786.html

You will see it states the following as a part of the crtieria for posting a theme release.
"The theme must be submitted to the MyBB Modification site."

The above being the whole reason for this thread.
I think that is the best option for theme coders, release them into the DB first.
You are free to release it on your own site, but to release it here it needs to be in the mods site database.
Is there no other options? I am trying to provide free themes to the people here I just prefer them situated on my own website. Is there another section I can post them in or something?
(2011-12-19, 05:41 AM)karoshio Wrote: [ -> ]Is there no other options? I am trying to provide free themes to the people here I just prefer them situated on my own website. Is there another section I can post them in or something?

Your signature, but otherwise I'm guessing no.
You can't post in anywhere here, if it can't be downloaded from here. Smile

Ah well that sucks then. Seems a little silly when you're providing a free service regardless.
(2011-12-19, 05:47 AM)karoshio Wrote: [ -> ]Ah well that sucks then. Seems a little silly when you're providing a free service regardless.

It could be considered silly to not post it in the mod site if it's free anyway too.
Pages: 1 2 3