MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyProfile [Beta Version] - Profile Comments, Latest Visitors & Buddy List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: 1411254903-logo.png]

Here we go, MyProfile 0.1 has come to a Beta stage, right before the launching, it contains :

• Profile Comments (integrated with MyAlerts)
Comes with a smooth SCEditor interface, enhanced with a status (like Facebook), a Private comment is only viewable by the author, the profile owner and the Forum Team.

[Image: f5d35717_o.png]

You can differenciate the Private comments from the Public ones by a small label attached to the Private comments

[Image: b926e1cc_o.png]

Users can choose (if they want to), to approve all comments people make on their profile prior to their publishing

[Image: b578e30c_o.png]

An unapproved comment is only viewable by the author, the profile owner and the Forum Team, but only the profile owner and the Forum Team can approve it

[Image: 6137060c_o.png]

Enhanced with a powerful report system, built upon the MyBB 1.8 Report Center

[Image: c812ad4d_o.png]

Once reported, members of the Forum Team receive an alert :

[Image: c4955ef7_o.png]

Once opened, it provides a link to the reported comment that gets highlighted, to differenciate from other comments.

[Image: 7e798a5f_o.png]

Alert bar is an option too

[Image: d1912f87_o.png]

And a powerful Edit system, built upon the integrated modal

[Image: 95e31115_o.png]

A nice statistics layout

[Image: 075b58fb_o.png]

A complete set of 18 different configurations of the MyProfile Comments in the Admin CP

[Image: a45dd922_o.png]
  • Buddy List
Takes advantage of the built-in Buddy system, shows a limited number of a user's buddies.

[Image: 7aa2874b_o.png]
  • Last Visitors
[Image: fab6a04f_o.png]

Everything is configurable from the Admin CP

[Image: 58947107_o.png]

MyProfile is rather a package of 3 bundles, new features are to come in the next versions.

Beta Tests

I would like you to report any abnormality you encounter with the plugin, all the features, anything a hacker might try to pass through the system. Report them all here.
Please only test on local forums, don't install it on your live board, it's not ready yet  Big Grin

Compatibility
MyBB 1.8
I may provide an upgrader from the ProfileComments plugin by Aquilez
MyAlerts 2.0

Downloads

From GitHub < By downloading from GitHub, you get bugfixes as soon as they are published

Reported bugs so far :
- Guests able to report comments, reported by Vanz - Fixed.
- A small glitch, that causes all reported comments to appear as if they were "On Guest's profile" in the comment center, reported by SAEED.M - Fixed.
- Problem in explode() function in the can_send_comments() method, I don't know how I didn't see that while coding, reported by SAEED.M - Fixed
What is the issue with no one using PluginLibrary to insert tempaltes/settings? Sad

Anyways, I will see this as soon as I implement profiles in my community at all Big Grin

BTW I assume Google SEO support is included?
(2014-09-21, 01:06 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]What is the issue with no one using PluginLibrary to insert tempaltes/settings? Sad

Anyways, I will see this as soon as I implement profiles in my community at all Big Grin

BTW I assume Google SEO support is included?

Well, I didn't think it was worth it, given that all I had to do with templates is store them into the database Big Grin

I assume Google SEO support is included too Big Grin I didn't have the chance to test that with, but it shouldn't break anything given that URLs are generated using MyBB's functions (not all of them but most of them) Big Grin

This is why I need thorough testings on this before it goes live Smile

Thanks buddy Wink
I really like this, it's too bad something like it couldn't be core but I suppose we take what we can get. Awesome job! Big Grin
(2014-09-21, 01:19 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]I really like this, it's too bad something like it couldn't be core but I suppose we take what we can get. Awesome job! Big Grin

Thank you Smile I try to make it look as "core" as possible Smile
..f.i.x.e.d..
Hi ...
Oh .. Thanks a lot, I'm very happy for release beta version of this plugin Big Grin
looks like , i see in my test forum.
I stay for release original version and i use on my live board. Wink

Thanks a lot for work Heart
I really like the use of a jquery popup for the edit comment form. Pretty creative implementation considering you are using the full sized MyBB editor. Big Grin
I Translate Beta Version for Persian members.

This ready and can use Right now! Big Grin

I tested and very good and useful plugin Smile

Persian Translate:
(2014-09-21, 02:31 AM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]Testing on localhost

I was able to EDIT all PUBLIC comments on all profiles while being LOGGED OUT ( as a GUEST )

Others please confirm if this is true , and is a bug.

Hey Vanz, are you sure this is happening? I only see the Report button as a guest (which shouldn't happen either Big Grin), but I don't see any edit button. And going through the could that allows a users to edit a comment, I really can't see any way to bypass that :

public function can_edit_comment($comment) {
		global $mybb, $settings;
		/* editable: it's editable if we are a moderator, or if we are the author and we can edit own comments */
		if($this->can_manage_comments()) {
			return true;
		}
		$editable = $comment["cuid"] == $mybb->user["uid"] && $mybb->usergroup["caneditowncomments"] == "1";
		/* did the allowed time to edit expire? */
		if($settings["mpcommentstimeedit"] > "0") {
			$time_limit = TIME_NOW - ($settings["mpcommentstimeedit"] * 60);
			$editable = $comment["time"] > $time_limit;
		}
		/* if the user has already approved the message, the user shouldn't be able to edit it anyway. we add $editable so it doesn't perform the other tests if it's not editable anyway. */
		if($editable && $memprofile["mpcommentsapprove"] == "1" && $comment["approved"] == "1") {
			$editable = false;
		}
		return $editable;
	}

Given that a guest always has $mybb->user["uid"] = 0, and a comment author can't have any such ID. Thank you anyway you made me find a bug Big Grin

(2014-09-21, 10:57 AM)SAEED.M Wrote: [ -> ]I Translate Beta Version for Persian members.

This ready and can use Right now! Big Grin

I tested and very good and useful plugin Smile

Persian Translate:

Oh hey, thank you very much Big Grin I will attach that to the original thread when I release the public version Smile
Pages: 1 2 3