MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Arcade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I figured I'd introduce you to my newest plugin I've been working on.

My Arcade is an arcade for your board. I created it along time ago as a replacement for Game Section on my board. I've been updating it for 1.8 and have decided to release it.

Features:
  • All the features Game Section currently has (such as high scoring, favoriting games, categories, tournaments, ratings, searching, stats, etc.).
  • Arcade Moderation. Arcade moderators can: edit score comments, delete scores, view IP address of scores, cancel tournaments, delete tournaments and disqualify users from tournaments. Arcade moderation is set as a group permission.
  • Catagory viewing permission. Categories can be set so only certain usergroups can view them. Any game(s) in a category that a user cannot view will not be visible anywhere.
  • Board integration. Basic arcade stats can be viewed in a user's profile, and a user's championships are shown on the postbit (can be switched off in the settings and users can switch it off in their arcade settings).
  • Games in the arcade can be sorted by some basic criterias.
  • Games can be disallowed from being able to be played in a tournament.
  • How long someone played a game for is now shown in the arcade scores.
  • Score Pruning. Scores can be pruned from the Admin CP.
  • User's avatars are now shown in the Best Players box on the arcade homepage (can be switched off in the settings).
  • You can limit how many times a user can play in the arcade in a 24 hour period (set in group settings).
  • You can limit how many times a user can create a tournament in a 24 hour period (also set in group settings).
  • MyAlerts is supported. You will receive an alert if either one of your championships is broken or a new tournament round starts (has not been updated for 1.8 yet).
Here are some screenshots:

[attachment=32591]
Arcade main page. I gave it the same basic design as Game Section.

[attachment=32592]
Playing a Game. Not much to say here.

[attachment=32593]
The High Score page. IP address only shows to Arcade Moderators.

I'm also open to any suggestions for improvements.

You can download it here (Please note this download is a BETA, so it may not be 100% stable and things may be changed if needed).

GitHub repo: https://github.com/PaulBender/My-Arcade
Oh
This very good. thanks for work.
But new idea:

Can add a box under any Game and in this box user can send a comment for game.
For Example:
Under Game:
User1: very good game
user2: not bad
user3: good game but not anybody play good Big Grin
and etc ...

And a question. how can find this plugin's games? on gamesection?

Thanks a lot.
Oh wow feature-wise this is fantastic. I was hoping to see a different take on the layout that Game Section had but ah well, this is certainly nice.
Sorry I haven't gotten back to this.

I need some opinions. I've been working on a slightly new design for the arcade home page. I replaced the bulleted list with a icon design to make it look better. Like this:
[attachment=32724]
Ratings wouldn't agree with the new design so I moved them to their own column.

Does anyone like this new design?
Yes it looks much nicer than the bulleted list. Smile

Have you considered changing the "Name" title in tcat to "Game", and adding the rating below the game pic? Either way nice improvements. Big Grin
Seems interesting, luck!

And yes, does looks better with images instead of bullets.
Looks Beautiful !
I'm waiting for its release Smile
Please Release it sooner! Smile

And a question! can add a page for upgrade from game section to this plugin? i used game section and my users are a lot of score on this plugin and if i delete gamesection and install this, all score are deleted! if can add a page, i will very happy Big Grin
Thanks
Very well done, just tested & games load/play smooth with many things had to be edited in to Game Section already built in. This is what I have been waiting for to install 1.8 on my main forum so many Thanks!!! Do wish you luck once released final as nothing brings in questions & request like a shoutbox or arcade plugin but again thanks for being brave enough to take it on works great!

edit: I did get error when deleting games Fatal error: Call to undefined function update_tournaments_stats() in /mounted-storage/home108a/sub008/sc68189-UPBT/www/admin/modules/arcade/games.php on line 649
on page back game is deleted but tested a few times & always that error.
(2014-10-10, 06:27 PM)__JJ__ Wrote: [ -> ]edit: I did get error when deleting games Fatal error: Call to undefined function update_tournaments_stats() in /mounted-storage/home108a/sub008/sc68189-UPBT/www/admin/modules/arcade/games.php on line 649
on page back game is deleted but tested a few times & always that error.

I fixed it.
Thanks did fix that problem but I think I found another bug. When plugin is activated I get:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
when trying to delete a member account in ACP.
De-activate plugin & deleted account as normal.
Activated plugin & tried again same SQL error.
Pages: 1 2 3 4