Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,687
» Latest member: WilfredJames
» Forum threads: 176,487
» Forum posts: 1,236,938

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Problem removing atachmen...
Forum: Theme Support
Last Post: RocketFoot
7 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 42
Can't Log In after Domain...
Forum: General Support
Last Post: korini-bambini
8 hours ago
» Views: 214
Curves UI styles not appl...
Last Post: tomeydemarcos
8 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
Need a little help stylin...
Forum: Plugin Support
Last Post: effone
8 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 55
Changing BG Colors
10 hours ago
» Views: 56
Is there a plugin to add ...
Last Post: Omar G.
Yesterday, 02:03 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 886
Google SEO 1.8.4
Forum: Plugin Releases
Yesterday, 01:01 PM
» Replies: 252
» Views: 107,837
VB5 to MyBB?
Forum: Merge System Support
Last Post: StarredSkies
2024-05-01, 07:53 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 65
Problem with PHP-BBCode u...
Forum: 1.8 Bugs and Issues
Last Post: Devilshakerz
2024-05-01, 03:25 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 81
unified login between Yii...
Last Post: Crazycat
2024-05-01, 10:33 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,228

A Few Things That I Would Like Fixed
Posted by: Shank N Bake - 2010-08-28, 01:26 AM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (1)

Hello everyone,

I have just recently setup my own MyBB forum, and I am experiencing a few things that I'm not too fond of. Please bear with me since I am brand spankin' new with MyBB.

First issue:

Administrator's names italicized.

[Image: crFR9.png]

I would like to change it to regular font.

Second issue:

Blue highlighted boxes:

[Image: qzaKD.png]

On certain areas throughout my forums such as forum names, when I hover my mouse over then they become a light blue color. How would I go about changing this color?

Third and last issue:

Text box overhang (for posts):

[Image: HcT6t.png]

As you can see, the bottom of the text box overhangs covering the options below. How would I go about fixing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shank N Bake

Print this item

Advice for long term SMF user
Posted by: edjon2000 - 2010-08-28, 01:26 AM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (17)

Hi all Smile

As this is my first post, please be kind.

I have maintained my clan-based website for the past 5 years and during that time I opted to use the SMF forum software (Currently at 2.0 RC3, at the time it seemed like a good idea) however, I think it is about time for a change, mainly due to their slow development cycle and some annoying problems that have not yet been addressed.

On checking various forum reviews websites, MyBB seems to be top of the list on most of them (or very near the top of the list).

I am currently developing a Joomla based site to replace my old Xhtml/PHP/MySQL based one and would like to take this opportunity to change my forum software but preferably without losing all of the 3700+ posts that exist on my old forum.

My questions are as follows :-

• Will your software handle 130+ members.
  • Can I merge my existing posts into MyBB.
  • How easy is it to linik with Joomla 1.5.20.
  • How easy is it to change the MyBB template if required.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I may have some additional questions if that is ok.

edjon2000 (Jon)

Print this item

Primary User Group
Posted by: Neko_Neji - 2010-08-28, 12:07 AM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (1)

Is there away for me to change a user group to another after registering. Like I have where after you register your a "clan member." Well now I want it to go if I could to after you register you will be in the user group called "RATS" and over time if you prove yourself you will move into the clan member group saying that you have completed your training an such.

so basically, I would like the RATS to be the primary user group after registering instead of myself moving them their every time someone registers.

Print this item

Attachment types
Posted by: blake - 2010-08-27, 11:41 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (18)

I want to add a photoshop extension but i cant get it working how is it suppose to be set up? I have it like this.
Extension-.psd
Mime type-.psd

Print this item

Change Background Color.
Posted by: Shank N Bake - 2010-08-27, 11:40 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (6)

Hey everyone,

I just recently created my own forum using MyBB. I'm using a theme known as 'Apart 1'. Of course, it is a custom theme.

So now to the problem. I'm having trouble changing the background color. It's currently white, and I'm aiming to change it to black.

I've tried multiple tutorials/guides, and none of them seem to be working. Is it even possible to change the background color of a custom theme?

Thank you all in advance,

Shank N Bake

Print this item

How do i ad Ad's
Posted by: blake - 2010-08-27, 11:23 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (2)

I want to know, using adbrite, would i have to install a plugin to get the ads on my site?

Print this item

When I add single user moderators it says Moderated by: Guest
Posted by: Danny247 - 2010-08-27, 10:29 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (1)

http://dannysforum.info/

On the forums where I add a single user moderator it will say Moderated by Guest on the index (inside the forum it's fine). Can someone help?

Print this item

Text boxes
Posted by: blake - 2010-08-27, 10:05 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (9)

Hi, I saw a forum ( http://www.forum.tech2game.com/Thread-Ph...64#pid5964 ) that the text area look like a quote box but pointing to the author of the post, is that part of the theme or can i get it like that some how?

Print this item

How to edit "specified thread doesn't exist" [Solved]
Posted by: J-Fizzle - 2010-08-27, 06:08 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (8)

Which file do I modify to change this:

Quote:The specified thread does not exist.
So I can change or add a link or something? Angel

Also, quick question: how do I change the maximum file size of uploading attachments?

Thanks Toungue

Print this item

Expand the code window
Posted by: ajetrumpet - 2010-08-27, 05:53 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - No Replies

Is this possible to do in a vertical fashion? When I compare this software to VBulletin, the code window is very limited. I can't seem to find the option in the admin CP if it's there! Can I get a little help? thanks all!

Adam

Print this item