Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,744
» Latest member: Christian Slater
» Forum threads: 176,517
» Forum posts: 1,237,075

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Receive emails from admin...
Forum: General Support
Last Post: chack1172
38 minutes ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 122
Last Poster Avatar plugin...
Forum: Plugin Support
Last Post: RocketFoot
57 minutes ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 108
Posting Videos
Forum: Plugin Support
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
Orphaned Settings in ACP
1 hour ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 55
White box on "change Avat...
Forum: Theme Support
2 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
How to create a dark vers...
Forum: Theme Support
Last Post: effone
2 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 78
Compute-1.amazonaws.com s...
Last Post: kbilly
5 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6,332
Sharree.com - Promote You...
Forum: Showcase
Last Post: Serpius
6 hours ago
» Replies: 44
» Views: 43,278
Add values from custom pr...
Forum: Plugin Requests
Last Post: Omar G.
7 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 693
Expand / Collapse on Post...
Forum: Plugin Requests
Last Post: effone
8 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 42

Google Description
Posted by: Disciple of Nagash - 2010-08-22, 11:09 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (4)

Hi,

I am very pleased to say that my site appears at the top of the google for the subject it is intended for.

My site: www.vampirecounts.net (Carpe Noctem)

If you google vampire counts it comes up top. However I did notice something odd, in that the forum description is for one of the sub forums.

Previously in 1.4 I have a meta tag plugin which seemed to make sure the right description (i.e the one on the portal page appeared).

In 1.6 I finally got round to installing the Google SEO plugin, which I assumed would do all that automatically. It certainly has made sure all the forum and thread names appear instead of forum ID.

Basically I want to know have I done something wrong, and how can I ensure that the description that appears in Google is the right one, not just something random from my forum?

Cheers

DoN

Print this item

install custom question
Posted by: draexo - 2010-08-22, 11:08 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (2)

Hello
I have run other forums where I used a custom question to prevent spam bots. I have installed the stopforumspam plugin. I would also like to add a custom question. Where do I go to add a custom question in myBB?
Thanks

Print this item

Information Problems with fonts (Linux)
Posted by: 1antares1 - 2010-08-22, 09:46 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (8)

Hi friends, I am browsing and I think Ubuntu settle here and remove Windows completely, because is not use Ubuntu - Linux and edit my whole MyBB.

But I have a problem with views to the type of letters, not whether it is because in Windows using Microsoft sources that I have not even in Ubuntu, but not if it is the browser, and look as I now see my MyBB:

[Image: 5018vo.png]

I hope you can help me, is the only thing that stops me and bothers me to continue editing, not just MyBB, but also other websites or forums.

Thanks.

Print this item

change 'user(s) browsing this forum' so that it lists the guests
Posted by: andrewjs18 - 2010-08-22, 07:18 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (2)

as the title says.....

I'm trying to find out how I can make the 'user(s) browsing this forum' lists the guests.

Print this item

Question How to allow only original poster and admins/mods to see thread?
Posted by: ultimate - 2010-08-22, 06:47 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (4)

I'd like only the original poster of the thread to able to see the post, as well as any moderators or admins. I'm not sure how to do this, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Print this item

What plugin is it that puts a [General] in the thread title?
Posted by: macdonjo - 2010-08-22, 06:18 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (3)

What is the plugin that has the drop down menu for the title?

Print this item

Prefix Thread
Posted by: kurniawan - 2010-08-22, 03:33 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - No Replies

Hi All

To the Point this is my problem http://community.mybb.com/thread-76471.html

PS: I'm so confused I also can give admin access if needed just PM

Print this item

Not able to configure dabase username and password in Mysql
Posted by: praveen_khm - 2010-08-22, 03:32 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (8)

Dear all,

I am tired of trying to configure mysql db with mybb.
I have set up everything. However, when I reach "Database Configuration", I am not able to go further. I have tried all user ID's and passwords (including root) and it gives an error message as below:

"Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:
* Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation."

I am new to php and mysql and using localhost (local computer) to check this. This is my first post and please excuse my mistakes.

I also created a new database as testdb. Again, created new username and password. But none works, and trying for it for the past 6 hours Sad
Attached a screenshot of the error message.

Configuration: Windows XP, Apache 2.2, Mysql 5.1 server, mybb 1.6

Can somebody please help?

Thanks,
Praveen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED)
Posted by: Web24 - 2010-08-22, 03:31 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (3)

Hello, When today I visited my forum, I got the next error:

Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED)

And now can´t enter to the forum...
Thanks for your help

Edit: the url of my website: http://unirpgworld.260mb.com/

Print this item

Group error.... in ACP
Posted by: adrianxr - 2010-08-22, 02:00 PM - Forum: 1.6 General Support - Replies (1)

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'can_edit_profiledesign' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_usergroups SET type='1', title='Registered', description='After registration, all users are

placed in this group by default.', namestyle='{username}', usertitle='', stars='0', starimage='images/star.gif', image='', isbannedgroup='0', canview='1', canviewthreads='1', canviewprofiles='1', candlattachments='1', canpostthreads='1', canpostreplys='1', canpostattachments='1', canratethreads='1', caneditposts='1', candeleteposts='1', candeletethreads='1', caneditattachments='1', canpostpolls='1', canvotepolls='1', canundovotes='0', canusepms='1', cansendpms='1', cantrackpms='1', candenypmreceipts='1', pmquota='200', maxpmrecipients='5', cansendemail='1', maxemails='5', canviewmemberlist='1', canviewcalendar='1', canaddevents='1', canbypasseventmod='0', canmoderateevents='0', canviewonline='1', canviewwolinvis='0', canviewonlineips='0', cancp='0', issupermod='0', cansearch='1', canusercp='1', canuploadavatars='1', canchangename='0', showforumteam='0', usereputationsystem='1', cangivereputations='1', reputationpower='1',
maxreputationsday='0', maxreputationsperuser='0', maxreputationsperthread='0', attachquota='0', cancustomtitle='0', canwarnusers='0', canreceivewarnings='1', maxwarningsday='0', canmodcp='0', can_edit_profiledesign='0', can_use_bgimage='0' WHERE gid='2'

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

Plss help....

Print this item