MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lets Talk: Moderator Control Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Some of you may have already read this in other posts, but a moderator control panel is planned for inclusion in the next release of MyBB. What we're looking for is a set of features you'd like to see included in the moderator control panel.

Already Planned:
- Moderators can manage announcements in forums they moderate.
- Moderators can manage basic items in user profiles (if permissions set by Administrator allow it).
- Moderators can search all posts for specific ip's (also known as 'Show me everything you know about this IP Address')
- Moderators can specify timed bans (24hours - setable by the Admin?) for user accounts as well as an accompanying reason.

Anything else?

Chris.
Moderators can moderate posts and threads in forums they moderate.
Can you post a screen of this moderator control panel? Because, I don't think moderators will like to have to go to their MCP first before browsing forums. Inline moderation is a lot nicer. Inline moderation meaning a button next to each post/thread and if you click that you have an option to do something with that post/thread. I included screenshots of how IPB does it, it's really nice:

Thread moderation:
[attachment=357]

Post moderation:
[attachment=358]

Chris Wrote:Already Planned:
  • Moderators can manage announcements in forums they moderate.
  • Moderators can manage basic items in user profiles (if permissions set by Administrator allow it).
  • Moderators can search all posts for specific ip's (also known as 'Show me everything you know about this IP Address')
  • Moderators can specify timed bans (24hours - setable by the Admin?) for user accounts as well as an accompanying reason.

For those things it would be nice to have a mini moderator control panel, however, what I don't like is moderators having to go to a moderator control panel just to view the forum with moderator capabilities.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Some of you may have already read this in other posts, but a moderator control panel is planned for inclusion in the next release of MyBB. What we're looking for is a set of features you'd like to see included in the moderator control panel.

Already Planned:
- Moderators can manage announcements in forums they moderate.
- Moderators can manage basic items in user profiles (if permissions set by Administrator allow it).
- Moderators can search all posts for specific ip's (also known as 'Show me everything you know about this IP Address')
- Moderators can specify timed bans (24hours - setable by the Admin?) for user accounts as well as an accompanying reason.

Anything else?

Chris.

A neat idea I had in my earlier MCP thread was to allow Moderators to allow/block certain users from that forum. For example for a normal forum, a Moderator would be allowed to block a user from a certain forum where the user is not behaving well. On the other hand, if all the forum permissions do not allow anyone to access the forum, the Moderator could allow certain people to access the forum sort of like an access list. That would make it easier for private forums without having to have a usergroup for each private forum (which means if a user needs access to 2 private forums, another usergroup must be added to access both forums at once, but that's a different story)

Thanks Chris Smile
Quote:easier for private forums without having to have a usergroup for each private forum (which means if a user needs access to 2 private forums, another usergroup must be added to access both forums at once, but that's a different story)
For the Gold release, a new usergroup system will be in place; you can then make a user member of multiple groups, so this should solve your problem; you can then simply also make him member of the group that has access to the forum Smile
Quote:Can you post a screen of this moderator control panel?
At the moment there isn't one as it hasn't been started yet, its next on the list. It will be sort of like the User CP with a menu on the left and the content on the right, either that or a menu along the top with the content below it.

Quote:Inline moderation is a lot nicer. Inline moderation meaning a button next to each post/thread and if you click that you have an option to do something with that post/thread. I included screenshots of how IPB does it, it's really nice:
We've already got that included with MyBB RC4.

Chris Boulton Wrote:We've already got that included with MyBB RC4.
Oops! I seem to have just missed that, lol! Big Grin It's nice, actually Smile

Anyway, some further improvements could be that when a moderator goes to a user info page, the moderator has the option to suspend users, find information about the user's ip address etc.. I think a moderator will find it easy just to click on the name of someone next to a post and then have the moderation options available immediately.
Yep, that will be included too Wink

By the way Tochjo, something like this? Hehe..
What is up with the colour on that? Toungue
moderators can place ip bans, or maybe just forums they control? Smile

The colour on that shows a thread which has not been moderated (approved) yet Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8