MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gaming PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Put those links in [URL] tags pl0x Wink I Cba to copy and paste on my iPhone Toungue
(2011-08-13, 06:28 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Put those links in [URL] tags pl0x Wink I Cba to copy and paste on my iPhone Toungue

Done.
Yes all if thse parts are fine, the RAM and mobo and CPU are all compatible Smile that cpu should be fine to run minecraft and such Smile the mobo has 4 ram slots too, so you can upgrade in the future Smile
(2011-08-13, 07:04 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes all if thse parts are fine, the RAM and mobo and CPU are all compatible Smile that cpu should be fine to run minecraft and such Smile the mobo has 4 ram slots too, so you can upgrade in the future Smile

Alright. Thanks Tom! If I ever build it I will post a picture here! Big Grin
Case: Go with a better quality case (this isn't a "poor" build, obviously, as you've chosen an i5/460), such as the HAF 912 pyridine mentioned
HDD: WD Caviar Black or Spinpoint F3; noticeable improvement in loading times
GPU: nothing wrong with this, though overkill for minecraft and most likely CSConfused too
Gamepad: why.jpg
RAM: pretty cheap right now, might not be a bad idea to go for 8GB since it's less than twice as much as 4gb; that being said the price could drop further and you won't likely need more than 4gb for minecraft/css
Mobo: good
PSU: you won't need 750W, way overkill; I have one in my 2500k/5850 rig and I can't say it's being even 50% used. You'd be most likely safe with a 500W at most
CPU: excellent CPU, again though, overkill for what you're doing with it
-Timings on that RAM aren't the best.
-Unless you're running a dual GPU set up, you can go with a 600 or 500 watt power supply with no problems.
-Personally, I wouldn't go for a cool case, the one you picked out will do just fine.
I suggested 750w because it leaves room for overclocking and almost a guarantee in the possibility of upgrading.
Overclocking both of them won't require 750 watts, though. I guess if you wanted to SLI, then maybe.
(2011-08-13, 05:46 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]-Personally, I wouldn't go for a cool case, the one you picked out will do just fine.

It's not a matter of being a "cool" case as it is getting the best value for your money; airflow, cable management (the HAF 912 is pretty good for the money), space. Working in small cases and having cables strewn about isn't fun at all.
I got rid of the 750w psu combo with i5.

I got this instead

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819115072
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817703025

Total after shipping: $750
I might be switching over to a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856101117 barebone. One of my friends built one and plays CSS and says it runs like a boss (and he has a i3). Plus the size is something good for me because I can fit this in my desk not in the middle of the floor and ending up hogging the entire room.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6